Using only 1 valve with thermostat

Hungryjos

Using only 1 valve with thermostat

Post by Hungryjos »

My setup is this:
Netatmo Thermostat in main living room, with relay in the same room. Thermostat wired to the central heater. 1 Netatmo radiotor valve in the office room.
Now, apparently the radiator valve is constantly calling for heating, even when temperature is reached.
I understand that, because I have no separate valves in the main living room, I can't stop heating this room, when the office room calls for heating. But I don't understand why the thermostat keeps heating, even if the temperature in the office room is reached.
What it should do: when office room needs heating, start heater. I know this will heat up the main living room.
But also: if temperature in office is reached, the heater should stop, or the valve in the office should close, if main iving room neads more heating.
Manual boost second room, below actual temperature in room. Main room heating, while temperayture is 2 degrees above what is asked.
Manual boost second room, below actual temperature in room. Main room heating, while temperayture is 2 degrees above what is asked.
IMG_5775.jpeg (78.88 KiB) Viewed 612 times
I know the easiest solution would be to add valves in the main room, but I don't understand why it is functioning as it does now.
GEORGzer

Re: Using only 1 valve with thermostat

Post by GEORGzer »

The Thermostat-symbol looks odd, normally the upper part should indicate the set temperature 🤔
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
ScratMan

Re: Using only 1 valve with thermostat

Post by ScratMan »

The upper symbol indicates the thermostat had switched on the boiler on valves request.

Are the two rooms on the same heating circuit ? In that case, the radiators in the living room should be equipped with smart valves too, and being grouped in the same virtual room than the thermostat, the office valve being alone in another room.

If there are 2 heating circuits, then you need two relays or two thermostats.

Return to “General questions”