Problem with radiator valves

nethome

Problem with radiator valves

Post by nethome »

Hello,
I have one relay and 10 radiator valves and they worked fine.
A few days ago something bad happened.
Below is the video.
A few radiator valves give the wrong temperature after removing the battery they give the correct temperature.
Radiator valves are damaged or something has hanged up ?

Firmware heads 85
Firmware relay 222

https://youtu.be/ss9R6OMMEu4
Last edited by nethome on 08 Apr 2021, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.
GEORGzer

Re: Problem with radiator valves

Post by GEORGzer »

This is kind of normal, the algorithm tries to estimate the temperature mid-room and that‘s the one displayed. After a „reset“ the Valve displays the real-time reading (hotter because it‘s right next to the radiator) until the algorithm catches up und refreshes.

If the readings were wrong, the algorithm made a mistake or other factors like another heating source or direct sunlight or something else interfered.
In that case you can make manual adjustments in the app, take a look here:
https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/sm ... hould-i-do
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
nethome

Post by nethome »

Thank you for the quick response.
Only the most interesting thing is that the thermostatic valve heats, the valve is not closed.
And in the room is 26st C.
But if I change the temperature in the application by 0.5 C, the valve closes.

The problem occurred when it was warm for a few days and the boiler did not heat.
When cold days came the boiler turned on and this valves problem occurred.
And since buying the valves everything was fine for 3 weeks.
Ginopil

Post by Ginopil »

Similar problem here. Does someone know where the temp sensor is, e.g. if dirty may prevent accurate measurements?

Living room with one radiator, one valve and - coincidence - a netatmo indoor unit. Unit and valve have always been been reporting different temperature, more or less in the region of 2°, with some peak around 4-5° under reasonable circumstances. Never set true temperature, because they diverge anyway when actual temp changes.
All that said, a few days ago the valve began triggering the boiler, sort of on and off, to raise the temp by 0.5°. I realised that measurements were not accurate by 4-5° degrees minimum if compared to the indoor unit, at nightime, when no external factors are at play and temperatures should be almost the same. I put the unit as close as possible to the valve, on the floor, more or less 20cm from the valve, to get a more accurate comparison.

They are diverging now by 4-10°, e.g right now Indore unit is 22.3° and the valve is 16.5°, and the unit is clearly correct. Any idea? Thanks!

Ps: anyway, Netatmo has to sort out the issue of not having another sensor in the room measuring the temperature where you need it. They should launch a portable room thermostat that you can place where it matters, e.g. bedside tables.
smolep

Post by smolep »

I also noticed that this problem appears when I open the window for a long time and temperature drops a lot. Then when I close the window and turn on heating the readings of temperature is about 3-4 degree Celsius lower than true ambient temperature. I have this problem for 3+ years now. It happens practically every day. Sometimes we cannot sleep because radiator valves shows 19 degree but true ambient temperature is 23+ degree.

And my bill for gas is much higher because of that.

Probably I will give up on netatmo and buy more stable solution.

Return to “General questions”