Radiator Valves Don‘t close the water flow

wguenzl@guenzl.net

Radiator Valves Don‘t close the water flow

Post by wguenzl@guenzl.net »

Hallo,
I have 3 radiators with NETATMO smart valves on HEIMAIER adapters
M30 x 1.5. These Plastic Bags are obviously too high. Others Don‘t fit.

Settpoint = 15.0 C
Actual value = 27,3 C ??!!

Radiator valves do not close the water flow.

What Adaptation is necessary here?
When is the use of the motor cap necessary and how?

Thanks for help.
Honza81

Re: Radiator Valves Don‘t close the water flow

Post by Honza81 »

Hi,

I have a similar problem which you described on exactly the same set up. The valves can be moved by hand and are not stuck. But still to radiators in my living room sometimes keep on heeting, eventhough the heating is off. Recalibration usually helps, but is not very reliable and the issue comes back quite often. Interesting is, that it does not happen on other radiatiors, just the two in the living room. And it is definitely not the plastic adapter fault, because in some other rooms I use the M30x3 adapters and even with these bigger ones the valve can close qithout any issue.

First I was quite impressed how the Netatmo valves performed. But after half a year of usage I see lots of bugs. And reading the posts here I see that I am not the only one. The product definitely needs imporvement.
Guzman

Post by Guzman »

Hallo,

Same problem with 6 new valves installed on Herz valves, they won't close completely.
I tried all: calibration and ECO prio nothing will work.
What to do?
barat

Post by barat »

I'm joining the "not closing" club. Mine started to do it this season. The (un)fun fact is, that when I'm doing re-calibration I clearly hear, that the radiator is closed (no flow), but after successful (yea...) calibration it ignores the fact, that it's able to close the flow. I've set one to 7*C intentionally, and it rised already from 17*C to 20*C, because boiler is ON (for other valves). Overall i like this system, but such quirks make me regret I went with Netatmo solution ...

Return to “General questions”