Smart Valve Reset to Factory Settings

revrob

Smart Valve Reset to Factory Settings

Post by revrob »

After a few relay connection problems yesterday, I uninstalled a valve from my system, with the intention of reinstalling it.

However, I cannot find how to reset a valve to its original factory settings, so that I can go through the install process.

I left it overnight with no batteries in, yet this morning it still comes up with its valve number prior to me removing it from the system, and I can't get it back onto my system, or find anywhere that tells me how to reset it.

I'd be really grateful for any help.

Many thanks,

Robert
margareti

Re: Smart Valve Reset to Factory Settings

Post by margareti »

Can this question be answered?
I am facing the same problem now.
After confusion with the "old" thermostat, that it supports only 5 valves, I unfortunately have now two valves showing the same number. I intend to buy a new thermostat, but if this problem does not go away, I will return Netatmo and switch to another vendor.
Neutral67FR

Post by Neutral67FR »

Posts of 2021 not answered?... Bad news.
I'm also searching for this answer as nothing in the manual explains how to fully reset a valve. The only feasible thing is to power off the valve, delete it from the app, and start over again... But not sur it makes a real factory reset of the valve though.
TRWeasle

Post by TRWeasle »

Shame there is no answer to this...
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

There is no „factory reset“ procedure actually as all the individual settings are processed through the account.
You just delete the product and set it up again.

https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/sm ... -a-product
The Valves can be deleted individually from a home, following the same procedure as for a Relay.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Lucky35

Post by Lucky35 »

the simplest solution is to take out the valve and process the pairing by the app very close to the relay
in this case the valve shows first the old value then move to the next available number!
it has worked for seven of my valves

Return to “General questions”