Netatmo Smart Radiator Valves

olihaeg

Re: Netatmo Smart Radiator Valves

Post by olihaeg »

Hello,

that was also my central question before buying the valves. No comment to the answer I got from support :shock:

I bought the valves and hoped that Netatmo put enough logic inside - and they did. The logic is based on rooms. As long as the valves are accorded to another room than the central thermostat, the boiler is activated when heating is needed in any of the rooms.
For a better understanding I have attached two graphics from this morning. You can see that central thermostat shows heating activity even the actual temperature was above the desired. The reason was the bathroom valve. The desired temperature in the bathroom was above the actual and for that reason the boiler was activated.

Hope this helped you understand how the implementation was made by netatmo. A clever solution in my opinion.

Greetings

Oliver
Attachments
Bathroom valve
Bathroom valve
Bad.jpg (33.46 KiB) Viewed 1520 times
Central Thermostat
Central Thermostat
samox86

Post by samox86 »

hello,
I have an issue with this - boiler is not activated even if room temperature is bellow the requested. example: actual room temp: 21.5, requested: 23.5. When I do manual boost to 24.0 or lower requested temp to 23..0 it starts to heat!!! It seams like some bug. Why would it heat at 23 and not at 23.5 when actual is 21.5? What is the latest FW? I have valve 43, thermostat 61 and relay 152. Is there any setting which will fix this? Thanks
Hakki

Post by Hakki »

They are developing the option to heat on schedule for other rooms if thermostat room doesn't need the boiler running.
At the moment, only a manual boost in the other rooms activates the boiler.

You'll have the option soon, it's nr 1 priority on development list!
Glowtape

Post by Glowtape »

olihaeg wrote:Hope this helped you understand how the implementation was made by netatmo. A clever solution in my opinion.
Nah, my question was more what happens when the boiler is requested to shut down. As said, mine keeps circulating the water until it drops under a certain threshold, probably because of some efficiency stuff. While the boiler appears to have a bypass valve according to its rather useless public schematics, I'd rather not wear it out unnecessarily. So ideally I'd want the Netatmo system to open up at least one valve completely when the central thermostat demands a boiler shutdown, so that there's a path of least resistance. I still haven't seen a clear answer on that one. I mean, the normal situation with a central thermostat is that the valve in the same room as the thermostat should be fully open at all times. Those new valves change everything, especially once separate room heating is implemented.
samox86

Post by samox86 »

to Hakki: thank you very much for the information, I am happy that there is no error on my side :-)

to Glowtape: for this reason (or any other kind of mistake or error which can happen on SW side) I left 1 radiator without valve. there are 2 side effects:
1.) it saved me money for valve
2.) it's always heating :D but I don't mind, because it's in bathroom and it's very comfortable to have any higher temperature there... pick 1 radiator which you don't mind to heat more that required. you can leave it without regulation, or put there a manual plastic cap which regulates flow based on how tight you drive it and make sure you didn't fully close it. I heard a story what happen to boiler pump when circuit was closed - it can be costly repair...
Fa_St

Post by Fa_St »

I installed a thermostat in a room, two valves in another room and another valve in a third room.

The valves work well. The boiler is activated both for the intervention of the thermostat in the first room and for the intervention of the individual valves in the other 2 rooms.
Is better to install valves also on the room with the thermostat for not over heating the room when other room switch on the boiler (my next update).

I would like to inform you all that for a single relay can be set a single daily program (one home, one daily programming).

However, you can set different temperatures for the same heating mode for the different rooms (same time period but different temperature for different rooms). This is a bit disappointing and complicated.

For netatmo developers: I would like to ask you to introduce the ability to set different daily programming (time and temperature) for different room.
rado

Post by rado »

Right now, when main room (with thermostat) does not need heating, but others (with smart valves) do, will boiler be switched on?

If not, when we can expect such a firmware?
Fa_St

Post by Fa_St »

For my experience yes
The valves in the others rooms can switch on the boiler.
Is for that reason that is better to have valves in all the rooms also the one with the thermostat.
Otherwise you will have over heating in the room with only the thermostat.

rado wrote:Right now, when main room (with thermostat) does not need heating, but others (with smart valves) do, will boiler be switched on?

If not, when we can expect such a firmware?
rado

Post by rado »

From my experience .. NO

First room is the main room, with thermostat. Requested temperature is 21C, actual is 21C. Boiler is thus off.
At the bottom, room "Pracovna" has requested 21C, actual 20C, but the boiler is OFF :(
Attachments
topeni.PNG
vespavbb1964

Post by vespavbb1964 »

rado wrote:From my experience .. NO

First room is the main room, with thermostat. Requested temperature is 21C, actual is 21C. Boiler is thus off.
At the bottom, room "Pracovna" has requested 21C, actual 20C, but the boiler is OFF :(
I experience exactly the same problem as above!

Return to “General questions”