Netatmo Smart Radiator Valves

krmkrx

Re: Netatmo Smart Radiator Valves

Post by krmkrx »

We really need a way of having the temperatures in the rooms measured by something else other than the valves. I live in apartment building where the hot water is centrally heated based on outside temperature. So, working with the offsets is a bad solution, as the water is differently heated every day.

I have the Netatmo weather station with several indoor modules and the healthy home coach. God damn, is there really no way to use these temperature mesearuments for the radiator valves!?

It is such an obvious oversight on the developers part to not make this possible.

It would be so much more convenient and would provide the beste comfort in the rooms.
borut

Post by borut »

Hello.

What is the current situation for this upgrade?

I bought a setup of thermostat and 4 valves few days ago. Primarily to be able to operate my boiler from each room independently. I was very disappointed when I find out that valves aren't able to turn on the boiler (even when manually boosting the temperature).

The heating season is in full scale, so I really hope this will be updated ASAP. If not, this product does not solve my problem where i need to overheat the rome where thermostat is located to be able to properly heat other rooms. Netatmo web store mentioned a possibility to return the products after the season if not satisfied. Will definitely do tat if this thing doesn't get solved soon.

It really seems like a perfectly logical functionality to be able to turn on the boiler when temperature in specific room drops under desired...

Regards.
Josef Steindl

Post by Josef Steindl »

What kind of communication is that?
No reaction by Netatmo, or they just close chats as they did with smartvalve-FAQ chat.
We are in the middle of heating season and they are not able or willing to change firmware which are designed with clear errors.
I finally sent back the valves, there are otheres...
HurdyGurdy

Post by HurdyGurdy »

borut wrote:Hello.

I bought a setup of thermostat and 4 valves few days ago. Primarily to be able to operate my boiler from each room independently. I was very disappointed when I find out that valves aren't able to turn on the boiler (even when manually boosting the temperature).

Regards.
Borut - the valves will trigger the boiler when manually overriding the valve temperature. That part has always been working though.
If that is not working for you then something else is not right. The thing that is not working is when room temperature drops below scheduled temp.
ainars

Post by ainars »

Dear Netatmo, we - the smart valves customers, are really waiting for almost two month ago promised firmware updates for netatmo gear (you know the point - we need valves & thermostat controlled heating, not exclusive thermostat controlled heating). Please go a head with it, othervise it looks like you are afraid to be wrong with 37% energy savings. But please understand - we do not care for that precission so much. I do think, that you will get much more product returns, if you will keep delaying update (or it is just a short coffee breake & the update will come out "after few days" - around march 2018..!? Please let us know what you mean with “few days”).
borut

Post by borut »

HurdyGurdy wrote:
borut wrote:Hello.

Regards.
Borut - the valves will trigger the boiler when manually overriding the valve temperature. That part has always been working though.
If that is not working for you then something else is not right. The thing that is not working is when room temperature drops below scheduled temp.
You are correct - it now works in manual mode - valve activates the boiler and this is also marked with radiator symbol on thermostat icon in the mobile and web app. It looks like there was some other problem the other day. Still waiting for same option in scheduled heating though.

Thanks.
h4nc

Post by h4nc »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi all,

For the time being, the Smart Radiator Valves can only activate heating production through the Thermostat when a Manual Boost is carried out from the Valve or from the application.

The Thermostat cannot activate the heating when a valve asks for heating according to the established weekly schedule. This behaviour is perfectly normal, because we decided that the Valves, for energy saving purpose, could not switch on the boiler themselves when they were following the schedule.
The Valves are able to communicate with each other to direct the flow of hot water to the rooms that need it (Auto-Balance function, more information here: https://www.netatmo.com/product/energy/valves/faq).

However, given the number of requests we have received on this subject, we will implement a new option in the next few days, which will allow you to choose between 2 operating modes:
• Valves can automatically activate the heating production following the schedule, even if the room where the Thermostat is placed does not need to be heated.
• Valves cannot turn ON the boiler automatically following the planning, they act as a temperature limiter. This is the default behaviour of an installation with classic thermostatic valves. To turn ON the boiler, a Manual Boost would have to be done on the Valve.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Dear @Brieuc_Netatmo,

as you promised us an update "in the next few days" weeks ago, could you please be so kind and tell us whats going on? When will be get the promised feature. It's icecold in my bathroom every morning because you don't do as promised. And as you see many of us have these problems.

So please Netatmo sincerly, get your sh*t together.

Greetings,
h4nc
caepinus

Post by caepinus »

I spent 280 euro just to keep those (so far) useless valves at the same temperature and same schedule of the thermostat in order not to have artic themperature in bathrooms and my son's room.
If patch won't be out in few days I will return them to Netatmo with no regrets.
Sn00thy

Post by Sn00thy »

Dear Developers!

The ECO/COMFORT priority should be choosable per valve (eg: I don't want my garage valve to start the boiler when the temperature drops below the setpoint, but I want the radiator to giv off some heat when the other rooms in my house turn on the heating).

The hysteresis threshold should also be adjustable per valve in my opinion...
h4nc

Post by h4nc »

For me it seems like no one from Netatmo reeds these postings.

Maybe making these problems public in form of reviews (eg amazon) from all of us will help them to listens.

Return to “General questions”