Smart thermostat + R valves

gkirstei

Smart thermostat + R valves

Post by gkirstei »

Hi there!

I have installed smart thermostat in my house 2 years ago and very satisfied with it, however i want to control each room separately. Radiator valves are designed for that, but my question is: do i really need smart thermostat anymore. I need relay to control boiler, but what would be thermostat role if i will replace all dumb valves with new smart ones?

regards,
Gints
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Smart thermostat + R valves

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi!
Yes, the Thermostat will be useful to activate the heating, even if you place Valves in the room where it's placed. It is mandatory in individual heating situation.
Please find more information about the functioning here: https://www.netatmo.com/fr-FR/product/energy/valves/faq
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
Evzenecek

Post by Evzenecek »

Also, Thermostat will controll temperature of all Valves at once. If you set on your thermostat manual boost 25°, all Valves will be boosted to this temperature for requested time. If i got it right, Netatmo is working on this update :-)
Fa_St

Post by Fa_St »

I installed a thermostat in a room, two valves in another room and another valve in a third room.

The valves work well. The boiler is activated both for the intervention of the thermostat in the first room and for the intervention of the individual valves in the other 2 rooms.
Is better to install valves also on the room with the thermostat for not over heating the room when other room switch on the boiler (my next update).

I would like to inform you all that for a single relay can be set a single daily program (one home, one daily programming).

However, you can set different temperatures for the same heating mode for the different rooms (same time period but different temperature for different rooms). This is a bit disappointing and complicated.

For netatmo developers: I would like to ask you to introduce the ability to set different daily programming (time and temperature) for different room.

Return to “General questions”