Only five radiator valves with old Smart Thermostat?

tuxbox

Only five radiator valves with old Smart Thermostat?

Post by tuxbox »

Hi,
i am using a Netatmo Smart Thermostat for quite a while now with my heating, but now wanted to install
those new radiator valves.
But i'd need at least seven of those for my flat, but while the app tells me i could at most install five of those. :shock:

What could i do? Would i really need to buy a newer Smart Thermostat just to be able to use more of those valves?
Or is there a way to upgrade the older smart Thermostats somehow?

Thanks,
Frank
WBRacing

Re: Only five radiator valves with old Smart Thermostat?

Post by WBRacing »

I have exactly the same question.

Disappointing to see there hasn't been a response. :roll:
TheBluProject

Post by TheBluProject »

Umm, just to add to the confusion ...
I definitely have the non-homekit version of netatmo thermostat, however the iOS app says that I have 1/20 valves installed.
Is it a bug in the app or (hopefully) the old thermostat firmware has been silently updated and we can have up to 20 valves regardless of the thermostat version ?

Thanks
rnucci

Post by rnucci »

TheBluProject wrote:I definitely have the non-homekit version of netatmo thermostat, however the iOS app says that I have 1/20 valves installed.
Is it a bug in the app or (hopefully) the old thermostat firmware has been silently updated and we can have up to 20 valves regardless of the thermostat version ?
+1
same question for me!
vojta66

Post by vojta66 »

also interested to know that....have old thermostat and planning to go ahead with valves....and it shows 0/20 connected...

HOW MANY ADDITIONAL VALVES CAN I CONNECT TO ONE THERMOSTAT?
If you already have a Thermostat, you just need to check the parameters in the Netatmo Energy App to see how many Smart Valves you can connect (from 5 to 20 Smart Valves). If you are buying a new Netatmo Thermostat, you can connect up to 20 Smart Valves. :roll:
1Welcome(512), 9 tags (v58), 1Smart Smoke (v108),1Smart Siren (v209)
1 Weather Station(v181), Outdoor module (50),Rain Gauge(v12),Wind Gauge(v25),3 Indoor Modules (v51)
1Thermostat(v75+relay 2nd generation v222 + 5Valves (v85)
2Presence cameras(320)
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,
It's not a bug.
Some of the Thermostats with a blue LED relay can control up to 5 Valves, and some can control up to 20 Valves.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
papi

Post by papi »

I have the old termostat which supports up to 5 valves. I'm disappointed that I have to buy the new one to achieve temperature comfort in rooms of my house.
Let say that I want to buy through the ebay a termostat that supports up to 20 valves.
How can I distinguish the different versions of the termostat which support up to 5 valves and up to 20 valves? - to be sure that I'll get the right one.
marcmare

Post by marcmare »

Crazy! Customers who bought the thermostat years ago are penalized! This difference is not explained in the valve page!
marcmare

Post by marcmare »

Netatmo, can you tell us at least how do we distinguish the thermostat that supports 20 valves before buying it ???
Windmanxx

Post by Windmanxx »

marcmare wrote:Netatmo, can you tell us at least how do we distinguish the thermostat that supports 20 valves before buying it ???
The relay with white LED supports 20 Valves. It also supports Apple Homekit.
I also have the old relay with blue LED and limited to 5 valves which is very disappointing.

Return to “General questions”