Do Thermostat Valves work with Indoor Temperature of Weather

InTimo

Re: Do Thermostat Valves work with Indoor Temperature of Weather

Post by InTimo »

Unbelievable that such simple things are not considered. Be it only as an option in the Energy App ... with "Bridge" to weather data and synchronization every 10 minutes.
InTimo

Re: Do Thermostat Valves work with Indoor Temperature of Wea

Post by InTimo »

drdave wrote: 05 Nov 2017, 12:23
Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi,
No, it's not possible.
However I suggest that you force an offset on the room where the Valves are placed.
Could you make it possible? It can hardly be difficult to integrate readings from your own weather station, and after all you're selling devices that are all about connectivity. I have a similar problem with an open apartment with several radiators heating a large area, where a central room thermostat (e.g. the indoor module of your weather station) controlling the radiators would make sense ...
+1
InTimo

Re: Do Thermostat Valves work with Indoor Temperature of Wea

Post by InTimo »

Guallamalla wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 09:55 Hi,

I also am desperately in need of this feature for a similar reason.

The indoor modules of the weather stations can be placed freely on spots that deliver reliable temperatures and spots close to where people usually are. (couch, bed, office chair etc.)

My radiators all have their valve really close to the floor (10cm/3inches) and I have a serious thermal bridge in my bedroom. So now in winter when it gets cold outside, the wall and the floor next to the smart valve are really cold. As a result, the valve starts to heat my room like crazy.

Setting the offset does not solve the problem, because the difference is not a constant value, it varies from day to day depending on outside temperatures. I would fight a symptom and not the cause. If I have to set some values manually every other day, then what is the point of having smart valves? Assigning an indoor module to a valve would be so easy and neat.

Please Netatmo
+1
ETHAN38

Re: Do Thermostat Valves work with Indoor Temperature of Weather

Post by ETHAN38 »

+ 1
it seems possible to me to create new specific modules for the valves if those of the weather station are not compatible.
1 Weather station + 1 thermostat V2 + 6 valves + 1 Smart Video Doorbell (Netatmo wall transformer) + 2 Smart Smoke Alarm + 1 Smart Carbon Monoxide Alarm + 1 2in1 Sensors

Return to “General questions”