Do Thermostat Valves work with Indoor Temperature of Weather

Danieljuli

Do Thermostat Valves work with Indoor Temperature of Weather

Post by Danieljuli »

Hello,

The space for the Valves in my house are mostly close to a wall. Because of that, the temperature close the the valve is higher, than in the rest of the room. Can the new valves work with the indoor temperature of the netatmo weather station?

Thanksa lot.

Daniel
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Do Thermostat Valves work with Indoor Temperature of Wea

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,
No, it's not possible.
However I suggest that you force an offset on the room where the Valves are placed.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
2Qt2beStr8

Post by 2Qt2beStr8 »

Danieljuli wrote:Hello,

The space for the Valves in my house are mostly close to a wall. Because of that, the temperature close the the valve is higher, than in the rest of the room. Can the new valves work with the indoor temperature of the netatmo weather station?

Thanksa lot.

Daniel
I have the same problem

Greetings from Germany

Jürgen
Relais: 70:ee:50:0e:97:fe
Weather Station Main Modul: 70:ee:50:6b:1d:9a
drdave

Post by drdave »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi,
No, it's not possible.
However I suggest that you force an offset on the room where the Valves are placed.
Could you make it possible? It can hardly be difficult to integrate readings from your own weather station, and after all you're selling devices that are all about connectivity. I have a similar problem with an open apartment with several radiators heating a large area, where a central room thermostat (e.g. the indoor module of your weather station) controlling the radiators would make sense ...
Guallamalla

Post by Guallamalla »

Hi,

I also am desperately in need of this feature for a similar reason.

The indoor modules of the weather stations can be placed freely on spots that deliver reliable temperatures and spots close to where people usually are. (couch, bed, office chair etc.)

My radiators all have their valve really close to the floor (10cm/3inches) and I have a serious thermal bridge in my bedroom. So now in winter when it gets cold outside, the wall and the floor next to the smart valve are really cold. As a result, the valve starts to heat my room like crazy.

Setting the offset does not solve the problem, because the difference is not a constant value, it varies from day to day depending on outside temperatures. I would fight a symptom and not the cause. If I have to set some values manually every other day, then what is the point of having smart valves? Assigning an indoor module to a valve would be so easy and neat.

Please Netatmo
ETHAN38

Re: Do Thermostat Valves work with Indoor Temperature of Weather

Post by ETHAN38 »

Hi Netatmo team.
Indeed a satellite module (the weather station or a specific module for the valves) would be a real plus. The entire device would be more precise with a module that can be placed either in the center of the room or according to the user's need. To my knowledge, it seems to me that no intelligent heating manufacturer offers this solution. We could even propose to equip this module with a presence sensor and wider application possibilities (modulating the temperature of a room according to the presence of the user, security system, etc.). Really surprising that no one offers this solution, a technical reason?
1 Weather station + 1 thermostat V2 + 6 valves + 1 Smart Video Doorbell (Netatmo wall transformer) + 2 Smart Smoke Alarm + 1 Smart Carbon Monoxide Alarm + 1 2in1 Sensors
Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino »

ethan38, other manufacturers offer additional modules to couples with valves. T..o for example. many are asking this to Netatmo since long times... https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=14500
ETHAN38

Post by ETHAN38 »

:D Hi Florino, thank you for the information i will look at this device
1 Weather station + 1 thermostat V2 + 6 valves + 1 Smart Video Doorbell (Netatmo wall transformer) + 2 Smart Smoke Alarm + 1 Smart Carbon Monoxide Alarm + 1 2in1 Sensors
DamK

Post by DamK »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 15:23 Hi,
No, it's not possible.
Wow. At least 4 years and you do nothing for your customers. Shame on you.
ETHAN38

Post by ETHAN38 »

Indeed, no evolution, it's a pity. A new generation of valves? With Matter-Thread technology...?

Return to “General questions”