Suggestion: room based heating, not thermostat heating

gabbopunk

Re: Suggestion: room based heating, not thermostat heating

Post by gabbopunk »

Hi all,
do you know when the "room based heating" feature will be implemented? I bought 2 valves last month, I already had the thermostat but this feature is really missing and needed, otherwise I feel I have wasted my money.
thanks for feedback,
Gab
Fa_St

Post by Fa_St »

gabbopunk wrote:Hi all,
do you know when the "room based heating" feature will be implemented? I bought 2 valves last month, I already had the thermostat but this feature is really missing and needed, otherwise I feel I have wasted my money.
thanks for feedback,
Gab
Who knows!?
No reply also from netatmo forum moderator... :(
Thinking about to have your money back
MarcoGT

Post by MarcoGT »

This discussion makes me understand why even if the temperature in my bedroom was also lower than the setpoint, I never saw the vertical bar indicating the boiler was on...simply because the temperature of the room where the thermostat is located was always higher than the setpoint

Hope to get the upgrade before the cold winter
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi all,
The new feature is currently being tested by our Ambassadors (beta testers), so it should be available very soon.
Thank you for your patience.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
rado

Post by rado »

Great :)

How will it work? Will it be per-home setting? Or per-room setting (ie. enforce vs limit scheduled temperature)?
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

It will be a per-Home setting. It does not make sense to allow a per-Room setting. If you do not need to heat a room, you'll just set a lower setpoint :-)
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
Fa_St

Post by Fa_St »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:It will be a per-Home setting. It does not make sense to allow a per-Room setting. If you do not need to heat a room, you'll just set a lower setpoint :-)
I'm agree
Initially I thinking about more room-setting.
But with the possibility to set a different profile temperature for each room, and the possibility to create new profiles temperatures, is more easy to have only pre-home setting.
rado

Post by rado »

Waiting for it, eagerly :-)
Josef Steindl

Post by Josef Steindl »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi all,
The new feature is currently being tested by our Ambassadors (beta testers), so it should be available very soon.
Thank you for your patience.
I would say it was about time for that information!
I tried several times to get information how to return valves, didn´t get returnlabel, unless i asked for it twice and has been promissed!
My patience is about to run out!
As in my eyes it was a clear error in design, Netatmo should take back the valves immediately, what else? What kind of support is this?
Waiting still for answer!
gianze

Post by gianze »

@Brieuc_Netatmo
This is very good news from Netatmo, but what I think it is very important to know for most of us waiting for the update it is IF the thermostat will be still needed OR the valves will be able to manage (with the relay new firmware) the boiler without thermostat.
Thanks

Return to “General questions”