Suggestion: room based heating, not thermostat heating

smcgrego

Re: Suggestion: room based heating, not thermostat heating

Post by smcgrego »

Just purchased the thermostat and 10 radiator valves online. Need to know quick if I need to cancel the order and switch to EvoHome. I really want Netatmo, but having radiators below temp (irrespective of the master thermostat) and switching on the relay is essential. What's the timeframe?

Stuart
leomagic

Post by leomagic »

Goodmorning everyone,
I noticed that almost all of my devices have been upgraded,
firmware thermostat v63
5 Firmware Valves 47
1 Firmware Valve 41

By entering the PC website you have the option of choosing comfort priorities or eco priorities

By choosing comfort it seems that the valves can turn on the boiler even if the thermostat is off!

Unfortunately I was only able to test it remotely. Also from the mobile application you can not see when the boiler is on, from the web you do.

Have you seen this change too?
Fa_St

Post by Fa_St »

leomagic wrote:
Unfortunately I was only able to test it remotely. Also from the mobile application you can not see when the boiler is on, from the web you do.

Is possible to see if the boiler is on also from the APP. If I rotate the screen is possible to see the graph room by room. When the boiler is on, a vertical orange line appear.
if there is a problem with upgrade the valve, someone suggest to remove the battery and install again. Wait for some time.
pavel_nadr

Post by pavel_nadr »

Fa_St wrote:
leomagic wrote:

Is possible to see if the boiler is on also from the APP. If I rotate the screen is possible to see the graph room by room. When the boiler is on, a vertical orange line appear.
if there is a problem with upgrade the valve, someone suggest to remove the battery and install again. Wait for some time.
leomagic and Fa_St,
are you beta testers or normal users?
I really need this upgrade, but I am waiting for some information about release date. This is good news.
leomagic

Post by leomagic »

I m normal user
omron111

Post by omron111 »

Hi all, while we are waiting for the FW update... someone have tried to move the thermostat in the "coldest" part of the house? Doing so I assume that valves located in the hottest part of the house will have a limited working activity... on contary the others will be switched on cause the thermostat is sure ON. Let me know.
aimonx85

Post by aimonx85 »

FW has been updated for half of my house, while the other half, connected to a different thermostat is still on the old one.

I will let you know if it works as expected when all the system will be updated.
Thank you
risodv

Post by risodv »

omron111 wrote:Hi all, while we are waiting for the FW update... someone have tried to move the thermostat in the "coldest" part of the house? Doing so I assume that valves located in the hottest part of the house will have a limited working activity... on contary the others will be switched on cause the thermostat is sure ON. Let me know.
It depends on scenario for heating other rooms. If scenarios are different for example I do not want to heat the coldest room on Monday afternoon because is empty till the evening.

Other reason is that every room has different thermal characteristics, coldest room is for example the smalest one and when is heated than is heated very fast and bolier will be off. You can precisely set level of flow on your radiator valve (not on netatmo valve) mine radiator valve has six degrees of flow but you need special tool to set it but I dont want to play with it.
Tomeric

Post by Tomeric »

I´m glad to hear about the new firmware. Still waiting for it in Germany.
By the way, The valves are very good. Silent and good hardware. The adapter is not the best, so you sometimes need to recalibrate the valves.
I think, I will buy some better adapters.
pavel_nadr

Post by pavel_nadr »

Tomeric wrote:I´m glad to hear about the new firmware. Still waiting for it in Germany.
By the way, The valves are very good. Silent and good hardware. The adapter is not the best, so you sometimes need to recalibrate the valves.
I think, I will buy some better adapters.
I am waitting too, in Czech republic.
I have 2 houses with 1 thermostat and 5 valves. Fisrt house: thermostat FW 61, valves 43 and relay 152. Second house: thermostat FW 59, valves 41 and relay 150.
I hope, that FW will be updated very soon. I would like know some time schedule about this important update from Netatmo.

Return to “General questions”