Smart Valve Starter Kit and Thermostat

skrawg

Smart Valve Starter Kit and Thermostat

Post by skrawg » 29 Sep 2017, 15:34

Hi there, new owner of a Netatmo Smart Thermostat and absolutely loving it!!

Wanted to expand a bit, and bought two Smart Valve Starter Kits, thinking I could use my existing relay with the valves. Is this supported/possible? Any help/information would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Evzenecek

Re: Smart Valve Starter Kit and Thermostat

Post by Evzenecek » 29 Sep 2017, 17:47

Starter kits doesn't make sense, if you are expanding your Netatmo thermostat. Starter kits are designed to work without thermostat...
You should buy only additional valves and connect them to your relay, which is connected to your thermostat.

I guess you should contact support and ask them to change your starter kits for additional valves :-)

skrawg

Post by skrawg » 29 Sep 2017, 22:10

Thanks for the reply :) Individual valves are £80 each, whereas the starter kit includes two for £80. Do you think its impossible then? I can't seem to find any literature on the website, I thought I'd read once upon a time that they were compatible.

Evzenecek

Post by Evzenecek » 29 Sep 2017, 23:35

Um... i can see only additional valve for 80 EUR and starter pack for 200 EUR...
I guess the valves are same and compatible with thermostat, but in each starter pack there will be one relay, which you cannot use with thermostat. But you dont need to, because you already have one with thermostat and you just can use valves.

skrawg

Post by skrawg » 30 Sep 2017, 12:34

I bought it from Hygiene Supplies Direct (can't add URLs to my post apparently): hygienesuppliesdirect(DOT)com(SLASH)products(SLASH)prod257389-netatmo-smart-radiator-valve

I'd seen it for the price you mentioned above, but looks like I might have gotten a sweet deal :D

Return to “General questions”