Using Thermostat's relay to controlling Smart Valves ONLY

stanikuz

Using Thermostat's relay to controlling Smart Valves ONLY

Post by stanikuz » 11 Oct 2017, 15:29

@admins and product managers

I have unused Thermostat because it useless for me due to it is impossible to control warm floor by Thermostat (I planned to use it for controlling warm floor before purchase, but then I understood that Thermostat cannot control warm floor directly due to power restrictions, so my Thermostat is useless for me).
Now, I would like to purchase Smart Valves and I think about possibility to use my existing Relay (for Thermostat) to control the valves but WITHOUT Thermostat.

So, my questions are:

1. Could I use relay from the Thermostat Kit instead or relay from the Starter Pack and use this combination WITHOUT main module of Thermostat?

2. Is it possible and useful to use full kit of Thermostat (relay and Thermostat) together with smart valves WITHOUT controlling any boiler by Thermostat?
Last edited by stanikuz on 13 Oct 2017, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
Stan Kuznetsov
Weather: 2x Weather Stations + 6x Indoor Modules + 2x Rain + 2x Wind Gauges + 1x Home Coach
Security: 2x Welcome + 2x Presence Cameras + 3x Smoke Alarms + 3x Door/Window Sensors
Energy: 4x Smart Valves with Relay + 1x Thermostat with Relay

XPS-Team

Re: Using Thermostat's relay to controlling Smart Valves ONL

Post by XPS-Team » 12 Oct 2017, 16:51

Hi, not sure if I understood you correctly, but something popped into my mind when I read your post.

You are having underfloor heating ? (Fussbodenheizung in German). If so, usually all the valves are in one closed cabinet somewhere in your flat/house. I doubt that this will work as the Netatmo Valve is measuring the room temperature.
As all your valves are in a small tiny room, this will pretty much confuse the logic.

Maybe someone official can comment on this ?

Again, sorry if I misunderstood you ....

stanikuz

Post by stanikuz » 13 Oct 2017, 11:48

XPS-Team wrote:Hi, not sure if I understood you correctly, but something popped into my mind when I read your post.

You are having underfloor heating ? (Fussbodenheizung in German). If so, usually all the valves are in one closed cabinet somewhere in your flat/house. I doubt that this will work as the Netatmo Valve is measuring the room temperature.
As all your valves are in a small tiny room, this will pretty much confuse the logic.

Maybe someone official can comment on this ?

Again, sorry if I misunderstood you ....
Hi!

No, I not use Thermostat or Smart Valves for warm floor. It was reason why I purchased Netatmo Thermostat, but when I purchased Thermostat then I understood that Thermostat cannot control warm floor directly due to power restrictions, so my Thermostat is useless for me.
My question is about possibility to use Thermostat's relay for controlling valves (so, then I could not purchase Starter Pack). Usual answer is 'yes'. But... I'll not use Thermostat main module. So, I would like to clarify is it workable configuration (use Thermostat's relay only to control valves without control boiler) or not.
Stan Kuznetsov
Weather: 2x Weather Stations + 6x Indoor Modules + 2x Rain + 2x Wind Gauges + 1x Home Coach
Security: 2x Welcome + 2x Presence Cameras + 3x Smoke Alarms + 3x Door/Window Sensors

stanikuz

Post by stanikuz » 13 Oct 2017, 11:58

@Brieuc_Netatmo

Hi Brieuc! Could you push my questions in initial post to respectable person. I really need to answers because I would like to install 4 valves and I should know optimal configuration to understand what I need to purchase. The support team still not reply during more than two weeks already.

Thanks in advance!
Stan Kuznetsov

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 13 Oct 2017, 13:42

Hi,
If you do not need to use the Thermostat, you should not use it just to install Valves.
Indeed, the Valves behaviour is not the same whether they're linked to a Thermostat or a Starter Pack.
I suggest you get a refund for your Thermostat and buy instead a Starter Pack.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

stanikuz

Post by stanikuz » 16 Oct 2017, 14:45

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi,
If you do not need to use the Thermostat, you should not use it just to install Valves.
Indeed, the Valves behaviour is not the same whether they're linked to a Thermostat or a Starter Pack.
I suggest you get a refund for your Thermostat and buy instead a Starter Pack.
Thank you, Brieuc!
So, I have ordered Starter Pack + 2 additional valves for rest radiators (I have 4 radiators at all).
Stan Kuznetsov

Return to “General questions”