I really like some feedback from Netatmo

Zephyrus

I really like some feedback from Netatmo

Post by Zephyrus » 03 Nov 2017, 09:20

Good morning, I already wrote a couple of times here, but so far I received no answers.
Here the situation in my apartment: Netatmo thermostat to menage underfloor heating + 2 radiators in my bathrooms managed by Smart Valves.
I have few issues:

_ When the temperature in my bathroom is lower than the scheduled one the valves seems not to open because the heating is off, but I'd like them to open anyway, because hot water for radiators is in a different circuit than underfloor heating.

_ When I manually force a temperature increase also my underfloor heating turn on, even if there is no need.

_ Sometimes when the bathroom reach the desired temperature the valve does not fully close because the heating is off, so the radiator keep warming the rooms (this behavior seems to be fixed during last days).

From what I am reading in this forum I am not the only user having those problems. I'd like to know if Netatmo is aware of our scenario and is planning a configuration that will work well for us.

Maybe @Brieuc_Netatmo can answer my question.

Thank you in advance!

Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: I really like some feedback from Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 03 Nov 2017, 09:32

Good morning,
Please see my answers below:
Zephyrus wrote:Good morning, I already wrote a couple of times here, but so far I received no answers.
Here the situation in my apartment: Netatmo thermostat to menage underfloor heating + 2 radiators in my bathrooms managed by Smart Valves.
I have few issues:

_ When the temperature in my bathroom is lower than the scheduled one the valves seems not to open because the heating is off, but I'd like them to open anyway, because hot water for radiators is in a different circuit than underfloor heating. > Specific case: if the hot water is always available in this circuit, so it can be considered like a collective heating. You may need to install a Starter pack for the Valves of this circuit if you wish to control them like this.

_ When I manually force a temperature increase also my underfloor heating turn on, even if there is no need. > Normal behaviour, as your Thermostat directly activates the heating production in the underfloor heating. With the solution above, the Thermostat will not be activated.

_ Sometimes when the bathroom reach the desired temperature the valve does not fully close because the heating is off, so the radiator keep warming the rooms (this behavior seems to be fixed during last days). > See the solution above to avoid this too.

From what I am reading in this forum I am not the only user having those problems. I'd like to know if Netatmo is aware of our scenario and is planning a configuration that will work well for us.

Maybe @Brieuc_Netatmo can answer my question.

Thank you in advance!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

Zephyrus

Post by Zephyrus » 03 Nov 2017, 09:56

Thank you for your answer.
Installing a starter pack would bring me to have 2 relays, I may be wrong but I recall reading somewhere that they would interfere.
Also, I already buy 2 valves more than a month ago, and I cannot send them back, so will be another cost to sustain.

Zephyrus

Post by Zephyrus » 04 Nov 2017, 14:58

@Brieuc_Netatmo I did as you suggested and bought a valves starter kit.
After installing it everything seems to work just fine, with the only downside that both the valves are almost always not updated in iOs home app, while the thermostat is (but all works perfectly on Netatmo app).

I am a bit disappointed because, being not practical on heating systems, and following the previous FAQ on your site I was lead to buy two single valves, that are now not refundable.
Maybe you should add this case on your site for other people in my situation.

Still thanks for your help, kind regards.

Return to “General questions”