Suggestion: house booster mode -bypassing thermostat room

HurdyGurdy

Suggestion: house booster mode -bypassing thermostat room

Post by HurdyGurdy » 19 Nov 2017, 15:17

Hi,

Love the new firmware which allows us to do room by room boosts without having to rely on the the main room where the thermostat is.
However this triggered an interesting alternative problem. Note below is only suggestion but think would be useful.

So in order to trigger boiler for non netatmo valve based rooms ( like towel rails etc ) i have to boost the temp manually on thermostat.
Obviously all other rooms have their valve profile and keep the temp under control. However all valves in the same room as the thermostat match the boost temp as they consider it a request to boost temp in that room

What would be useful would be a "non valved room boost" option that fires the boiler for X amount of time and but doesn't try to raise temp in the room where thermostat is, i.e. don't increase temp in valves
Way to work around it for now is to setup different profiles for valves and thermostat so system thinks they are two separate rooms, and then match their temp profiles in the app.
That way I can boost rest but keep lounge valves set low.

marina61

Re: Suggestion: house booster mode -bypassing thermostat roo

Post by marina61 » 23 Nov 2017, 14:15

I understand your request and seems very reasonable (I'd like to have it too in my configuration).

The problem is that many people -like me- are still waiting for the beta firmware to bypass the termosthat when using with valves.
This should be the priority: after that we can look for others improvements. IMHO.

HurdyGurdy

Re: Suggestion: house booster mode -bypassing thermostat roo

Post by HurdyGurdy » 15 Dec 2017, 00:20

Now that we have the valve situation sorted, can i bump this request ?

Return to “General questions”