Valve temperature stuck

Cristi_XP

Re: Valve temperature stuck

Post by Cristi_XP »

Same thing is happening to me, heating the room to 27 degrees.
Let't not forget that this issue is more that 3-4 months old... and winter is gone and still no fix.
Roland_RS4

Post by Roland_RS4 »

Well thats poor then...... :shock:
Then I have really also to think about sending them back..... I always exchange air in my rooms, especially in winter to avoid humidity.
To reset every time my valves is ridiculous .... :roll:
Thermostat v75
Valves v85
Relais v222
basil

Post by basil »

Perhaps a comment from @Brieuc_Netatmo could clarify if this is a software 'bug' or hardware problem?
Roland_RS4

Post by Roland_RS4 »

Jo that would be good to know!
Thermostat v75
Valves v85
Relais v222
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

This is a software „problem“ and should be resolved as soon as the „open window detection“ feature is ready.

The software calculates the displayed temperature, because taking the 1:1 meassurement next to the hot radiator would never match the temperature in the middle of the room. So a complex algithm uses the informations you have to put in during setup (room type for example) and then based on them calculates the displayed temperature during the heating periodes. The offset feature was introduced to make small adjustments, as it is not possible to always „guess“ correctly. You‘d have to put in very room-specific data like squaremeters and cubicmeters, radiator capacity and so on. So it‘s acturally quiet remarkable it works so well...

Until the following happens:

You open a window and the temperature drops quickly. The system tries to compensate this by requesting heat but as long as the windows are open, temperature won‘t rise or drop even more. So the software takes this „new behavior“ of the room and recalculates the algorythm, causing a lower temperature displayed.
Now when the windows are closed again and the room temperature respondes as before to the hot radiator, the room actually gets overheated because a much lower room temperature is „guessed“.

Detecting an open window and ignoring the temperature drops will resolve this issue.

Now when the valve is reset by taking out the batteries, the system can‘t remember if the radiator was cold or hot berfore, therefore always taking the direct measurement next to the radiator (like it is done in cold state). This causes the massive spike in readings after a reset. It usually takes until the radiator cooled down to get back into the correct sequence.

I know it sucks, very well actually since I own 6 valves myself. But when they get this to work correctly as intended, we all will have a very good system.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Cristi_XP

Post by Cristi_XP »

I have seen that my problem is not present from since I switched back to the hysteresis algo. Don't know if has anything to do with anything... but my problem didn't appear since then.
So until this is not fixed, I won't be switching to the advanced algo. Also I switch on the heating, a bit in the evening... so they will have time to correct it till september/october...
NeilF

Post by NeilF »

Cristi_XP wrote:I have seen that my problem is not present from since I switched back to the hysteresis algo. Don't know if has anything to do with anything... but my problem didn't appear since then.
So until this is not fixed, I won't be switching to the advanced algo. Also I switch on the heating, a bit in the evening... so they will have time to correct it till september/october...
What's the difference between hysteresis and advanced? Is it the fact the heating is turned on preemptively to get the temp to where you want it when you want it. eg: 20 degrees at 8am, so the heating come on at 7am to achieve that?
Cristi_XP

Post by Cristi_XP »

I think that is the heating prediction.
The advanced algorithm in my opinion, knows that at 15:00 for ex, the temp will drop and should start the heating, but in the advanced mode, to prevent it from dropping, it will turn on the heating, before it drops, to avoid the temperature droping also to avoid overheating, it will know that a boiler started for 20-30 minutes at a particular hour, should be enough to get the temp to the setpoint, based on the measurements done before, it can be able to know when the house temp drops etc. I am not sure about this, only my opinion.
Roland_RS4

Post by Roland_RS4 »

Okay,
for now I try to switch off this prediction option. Let's see if that helps me till the open-window-detection will be available. Few days here its still cool at night, so i can observe the behaving when opening window.
For next winter I hope they deliver this features ! :)
Thermostat v75
Valves v85
Relais v222
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

This may sound dumb, but you can cover your valve with a blanket or put a cap over it while the windows are open.
Just keep it on after the windows are closed until the room reached a „normal“ temperature again.

Believe me, it actually works :P
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “General questions”