Valve temperature stuck

Post Reply
svobluk
Posts: 3
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 11:59

Re: Valve temperature stuck

Post by svobluk » 24 Feb 2018, 11:09

New day, same issue, temperature is gettting stuck again. I'm really starting hate this piece of crap. I would recommend to all who is thinking to buy, NOT to buy and look somewhere else. This product is just waste of money! :oops:
crap_valve1.jpg

NeilF
Posts: 56
Joined: 30 Sep 2016, 14:26

Re: Valve temperature stuck

Post by NeilF » 25 Feb 2018, 17:50

svobluk wrote:New day, same issue, temperature is gettting stuck again. I'm really starting hate this piece of crap. I would recommend to all who is thinking to buy, NOT to buy and look somewhere else. This product is just waste of money! :oops:
crap_valve1.jpg
Well, this thread has been going now for over three months!

It doesn't bode well does it that it's still not been solved...

svobluk
Posts: 3
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 11:59

Re: Valve temperature stuck

Post by svobluk » 26 Feb 2018, 11:26

tried remove and initialize valves again, let see.... :roll:

NeilF
Posts: 56
Joined: 30 Sep 2016, 14:26

Re: Valve temperature stuck

Post by NeilF » 26 Feb 2018, 11:33

svobluk wrote:tried remove and initialize valves again, let see.... :roll:
Good luck... Let us know how you get on...

mdillmann
Posts: 60
Joined: 15 Oct 2017, 13:51

Re: Valve temperature stuck

Post by mdillmann » 26 Feb 2018, 17:28

My bathroom valve - which worked quite OK the last weeks - did begin to go crazy yesterday.

I tried to fix it by taking batteries out and running (felt like 20) calibrations - all with no success. Currently it heated up my bathroom to 26.5 degrees, and still climbing. Personally I think it can't stand the now raised water temperatures (boiler got up to 55 degrees because of -9 outside).

I am travelling and only can watch it from remote, otherwise I would have unmounted it and put the traditional valve back in. I created a case with Netatmo to have a look, but no reaction as expected.

-Markus
Relais: 70: ee: 50: 0e: 92: 3e (v197)
Ventile: o00a4a1 o00ac0b o00854d o006c0b(did go bananas) o007a51 o01cf3f (v73)

mhaga
Posts: 44
Joined: 07 Dec 2017, 10:08

Re: Valve temperature stuck

Post by mhaga » 27 Feb 2018, 19:28

mdillmann wrote:My bathroom valve - which worked quite OK the last weeks - did begin to go crazy yesterday.

I tried to fix it by taking batteries out and running (felt like 20) calibrations - all with no success. Currently it heated up my bathroom to 26.5 degrees, and still climbing. Personally I think it can't stand the now raised water temperatures (boiler got up to 55 degrees because of -9 outside).

I am travelling and only can watch it from remote, otherwise I would have unmounted it and put the traditional valve back in. I created a case with Netatmo to have a look, but no reaction as expected.

-Markus
Hi Markus,

I have the same experience and now I have replaced one of my valves as well, just to make sure it is 100% and to help out debuging this issue.
At my place I have this experience on my valves that are bought separately, not the ones that came with the starter pack. All of the problematic thermostats have high serial numbers. Around x8000. Started my own little investigation on this and also updated my contact at Netatmo on this. I have reported similar case.

The regulation algoritm for sure gets a little confused by the increased water temperature. At my place, it's also -9 now and water is around 60-65.
Heating curves are very steep when the valves open. :) Also overshoot a little, but thats ok as long as it shuts off properly. Nice with a little extra heat inside when its cold outside.
Still, 2 out of 4 thermostats are working as charm. No problems for months.

I can't find any systematic reason to the behaviour. Most of the time it actually works good (after the last update), but I agree with you, we should be able to leave the regulation up to the system. Now we have to watch it closely. Anyways, by the feedback I have got, Netatmo are investigating this behaviour. At least this is my impression.
Hope they find a solution soon because I like the system very much as long as it works. Also trying to give them constructive feedback. This is an early version after all...

BR
/mhaga

mdillmann
Posts: 60
Joined: 15 Oct 2017, 13:51

Re: Valve temperature stuck

Post by mdillmann » 01 Mar 2018, 15:52

Hi,
I also can not see any common factors.

4 other valves really work well in the other rooms (besides wrong temperature display if raditor is off and heating done via wood-oven, but that is more "cosmetic").

But my bathroom valve did not calibrate anymore after battery-reset, no matter what i tried. The valve often did a reset (two dashes, then valve number ...) when trying to calibrate.
I also suspect the valve body beeing somwhow not fully compatible with Netatmo valve-head, although the valve-body is the newest in the house (autum last year and not a no-name body but Oventrop).
As my bathroom got heated up to almost 27 degrees, I reverted back to the old thermostatic valve-head for now. The valve worked quite well the last weeks, and suddenly went crazy.

Not sure how I should procede. Bathroom is my main usecase because then I can only heat when needed in the morning and evening hours instead of around-the-clock. Unfortunately Netatmo support is of no help at all, because they simply do not respond :twisted:

-Markus
Relais: 70: ee: 50: 0e: 92: 3e (v197)
Ventile: o00a4a1 o00ac0b o00854d o006c0b(did go bananas) o007a51 o01cf3f (v73)

NeilF
Posts: 56
Joined: 30 Sep 2016, 14:26

Re: Valve temperature stuck

Post by NeilF » 16 Mar 2018, 10:10

All gone very quiet again hasn't it. Is this because the issue has now been solved? Or because people are just giving up?

I was notified by CamelCamelCamel that the valves have reach a low price... But unfortunately I won't be buying at the moment.

bboek1969
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 11:07

Re: Valve temperature stuck

Post by bboek1969 » 19 Mar 2018, 09:29

Still having the same issues, some valves go mad for whatever reason, and than one or two weeks no problem. I gave Netatmo a last two weeks to come-up with a solution. If not, than I would return everything and I will inform the ACM (Dutch Authority Consumer & Market)
District heating
Zone 1, Thermostat to multizone underfloor heating
Zone 2 to 4 Ventile: o0140c3 o014521 o014514 o01453b o01456d o013e6f (V51)
Relais: 70: ee: 50: 0d: 7d: 1c (v167)

NeilF
Posts: 56
Joined: 30 Sep 2016, 14:26

Re: Valve temperature stuck

Post by NeilF » 19 Mar 2018, 12:03

bboek1969 wrote:Still having the same issues, some valves go mad for whatever reason, and than one or two weeks no problem. I gave Netatmo a last two weeks to come-up with a solution. If not, than I would return everything and I will inform the ACM (Dutch Authority Consumer & Market)
Well, I think after all this time, with no definate fix, it's looking more and more likely there's surely a hardware issue with these devices?

Post Reply

Return to “General questions”