Are the Valves reducing your monthly Bills?

funkyirishman

Are the Valves reducing your monthly Bills?

Post by funkyirishman » 13 Dec 2017, 10:04

Hi

More of a question for users as just go my first bill while using the valves and higher than expected. Ok it is winter and Junior needs to keep warm but still high

I have them set up so that they can control the boiler and one of the rooms we don't use yet (waiting for Junior to get older) I have this set to the lowest it can go so does not turn on. Downstairs is open plan and we have the kitchen and main room open. Thermostat is in this room and main rad has Netatmo valve but small rad only has a TRV. Have schedules set up and on occasion Miss Funkyirishwoman does a boost when feeling cold

We do have 2 rads with a TRV so we turn them down to 1-2 and bathroom has none. Would like to buy more Netatmo valves for the 2 we don't have but don't think Santa will have them in his sack for me this year :(

Just wondering how other users are getting on with Bills and any tips to reduce them when using the Netatmo thermo and Valves.

Cheers

2Qt2beStr8

Re: Are the Valves reducing your monthly Bills?

Post by 2Qt2beStr8 » 13 Dec 2017, 22:28

If you want to reduce your bill it‘s better to buy a other brand. All my Netatmo devices are really trash. Nothing works as it should :-(
Relais: 70:ee:50:0e:97:fe

Hakki

Post by Hakki » 14 Dec 2017, 13:30

I'm not using the valves to reduce the bills, but to have more comfort :)
I like them.. hope they keep working and getting better with time!

flight82

Post by flight82 » 14 Dec 2017, 13:32

I'm monitoring the consumptions daily and the first impression is that the consumption is increasing in comparison with previous standard thermostatic valve.
I will see in long term but for the moment I'm not happy of the product. :x :x

mdillmann

Post by mdillmann » 14 Dec 2017, 22:04

Same with me. Currently they consume much more energy than needed because they simply do not work. They are constantly overheating rooms, esp. in conjunction with an additional heat source (eg. wood oven in my case). Classical thermostatic valves do a much better job currently.

I can only hope that things improve one day. Besides valves themselves the documentation (on how things are intended to work) and communication (what if they don't) needs even more improvement then the product itself.

-Markus
Relais: 70: ee: 50: 0e: 92: 3e (v197)
Ventile: o00a4a1 o00ac0b o00854d o006c0b(did go bananas) o007a51 o01cf3f (v73)

HurdyGurdy

Post by HurdyGurdy » 15 Dec 2017, 00:14

funkyirishman wrote:Hi
Just wondering how other users are getting on with Bills and any tips to reduce them when using the Netatmo thermo and Valves.

Cheers
Really going to depend on your usage patterns. Remember classic thermostatic valves cannot trigger the boiler unless the master room is dropping below the target temp.
Netatmo valves can trigger your boiler more frequent depending on the thermal profile of your rooms

In our case we know the master room doesn't get heated as often anymore as before, especially in mornings but the other rooms do trigger the boiler more often than in the past.
As someone else stated, didn't buy them to save money, but for the comfort.

nyaria

Post by nyaria » 15 Dec 2017, 16:58

In my case when the valves work (and since the firmware update they work) the radiators heat less than last year.
As far as I remember the radiators were always more or less warm. But now based on the graphs and my physical experience usually they are fully closed as long as 6-8 hours per day while I'm away.
And yes, the comfort - and not only the possibility to remotely adjust the temperature rather the feeling because of the unified temperature in the flat - is priceless.

Return to “General questions”