False alarm

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Vanggaard

False alarm

Post by Vanggaard »

Tonight (after having my smoke alarm for 1 month) the alarm went off while I was putting the kids to bed. I pushed the front and the alarm got quiet. I checked no smoke so no problems. 1 min later the alarm went off again....... Now all the kids were awake and crying so I unmount the alarm, so it turned off 100%.
When the kids where back to sleep I when down to the living room and check my iPhone. The only message from Netatmo was the smart smoke alarm turned off notification, no smoke alarm notification.

To sum up:
1) First a false alarm
2) Then the "pause" button didn't work correct
3) AND no online notification when the alarm goes off (The main reason I bought the product)

So my question, what should I do with the product now? Right now, I don't trust it and I need to trust my smoke alarm.

BR,
Mads
GEORGzer

Re: False alarm

Post by GEORGzer »

The reason for the false alarm aside, maybe you didn't receive a notification because for that it has to establish wifi-connection first. And if you "hushed" and unmounted it immediately, maybe there wasn't enough time for that.

Just a thought, you should contact support through the website directly.
https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/sm ... -alarm/top
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “General questions”