what is the "code" returned for the rain measurement

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
mrose17

what is the "code" returned for the rain measurement

Post by mrose17 »

my rain gauge won't be arriving for a few more days, but that isn't stopping me from getting the code in my server ready. right now, i get something like this:

{ '\'': 1009.3,
K: 1398734655, // sample time in seconds since epoch
S: 36, // noise in decibels
a: 17.4, // temperature in celcius
b: 65, // humidity in %
e: 1014.5, // pressure in millibars
g: 11708, // ???
h: 1463 } // co2 in ppm

so, what i the code going to be for

// rain in mm

thanks!
trosenblatt

Re: what is the "code" returned for the rain measurement

Post by trosenblatt »

Hello mrose17,
Please use GetMeasure in order to retrieve data from devices. The data you are using are for internal use only not processed by our server and so not documented.
Regards,

Thomas.
Thomas Rosenblatt, Netatmo Team.
mrose17

Post by mrose17 »

much respect, but no thanks.

with one call, /api/devicelist, i get back everything i need for all stations and modules in last_data_store ...

if you don't want to tell me, that's fine. my rain gauge should be here in two days and i'll see for myself.

best,

- marshall
trosenblatt

Post by trosenblatt »

Well do as you prefer but we do not garantee that this last_data_store will stay as it is.
Regards,
Thomas Rosenblatt, Netatmo Team.
mrose17

Post by mrose17 »

understood. although technically, no one guarantees that anything "will stay as it is."

which is one reason why folks have always asked for some kind of local access to the weather station. not because they dislike your cloud service (quite the reverse, it is quite nice), but because remote data sometimes becomes inaccessible data.

finally, i don't want to sound critical, but could you compare your initial response to this:

marshall - we prefer that folks don't use last_data_store - it's really for our internal use. if you find it useful, great! but, because it's not documented, it may (at any time, and without notice) go away, get changed, etc. so, with all that said, the magic value you are looking for is "z"

this does two things that your original reply didn't: it warned me in a friendly way and it answered my question.

if you want to take this offline, that's fine: mrose17@gmail.com
Dianoga

Post by Dianoga »

I'm working on making Netatmo and SmartThings play well together. The devicelist data is exactly what I need for this type of integration. Otherwise I would need to make multiple calls everytime I want to update the data (which is regularly). It would be great if last_data_store could be made an official part of the response.

mrose17: did you find out what the rain code was? I don't have one so I can't test it.
mrose17

Post by mrose17 »

dianoga - my rain gauges are scheduled to arrive today, so hopefully we will know in about 8-10 hours! and when it's known, i'll update this topic...
mrose17

Post by mrose17 »

the magic code is 'f', thus giving us this dictionary:

K: sample time in seconds since epoch
S: noise in decibels
a: temperature in degrees celcius
b: humidity in %
e: pressure in millibars
f: rain in millimeters
g: ???
h: co2 in ppm
Last edited by mrose17 on 01 May 2014, 06:43, edited 1 time in total.
Dianoga

Post by Dianoga »

thanks!

Return to “Netatmo API”