Thermostat IFTTT Channel Preview

Share your IFTTT experience with Netatmo products!
ST2008

Re: IFTTT Channel Preview

Post by ST2008 »

JanMetDePet wrote:if i want to add an IFTTT channel: where do I do it: Netatmo, or IFTTT or both?

What I want to ad is a signal when 1 ore more of the batteries is dead.
Indeed - once registered on IFTTT, search "Netatmo" and you will see an overview of available triggers/actions. Low battery is already included.
TypeC

Post by TypeC »

ST2008 wrote:I guess new things are being added in beta - I will give it a try!
I hope so: I'm still hoping they'll come round to my way of thinking on some of the more everyday triggers I talked about near the start of this thread ;) !

(Anyone else who would find some or all of them useful - please say so!)
baronmax

Post by baronmax »

I agree!
JanMetDePet

Post by JanMetDePet »

ST2008 wrote:
JanMetDePet wrote:if i want to add an IFTTT channel: where do I do it: Netatmo, or IFTTT or both?

What I want to ad is a signal when 1 ore more of the batteries is dead.
Indeed - once registered on IFTTT, search "Netatmo" and you will see an overview of available triggers/actions. Low battery is already included.

Must be me, but I cannot find it .....
And cannot make it either, Netamo doesn't provide the signal to them.
cmugur

Post by cmugur »

JanMetDePet wrote:
ST2008 wrote:
JanMetDePet wrote:
Must be me, but I cannot find it .....
And cannot make it either, Netamo doesn't provide the signal to them.
Follow the link that Enzo put in the first post of this thread. Then log in IFTTT with your credentials and you will see the Netatmo thermostat.
JanMetDePet

Post by JanMetDePet »

Ah, I see. But that is just for the thermostat, I would like it foor every module.
TypeC

Post by TypeC »

What do you mean by "every module"? Once you've added the (preview) thermostat channel to your account, it's there to stay and you can browse the rest of the IFTTT site as you want; for example, by clicking on the "Channels" link towards the top right of the page which lists everything else you can connect to.
JanMetDePet

Post by JanMetDePet »

I mean I want to be alerted when ANY of my Netamo modules run out of battery power, NOT only the thermostat.
TypeC

Post by TypeC »

Ah, I see. That seems reasonable. As far as I know, the Weather Station is the only other Netatmo device which currently interfaces with IFTTT and it doesn't seem to have this trigger, unfortunately.
Zilog

Post by Zilog »

To give some feedback, I've been using the Netatmo IFTTT channel for several months to link another sensor (door reed sensor from http://store.wirelesstag.net/products/reed-kumosensor) to my thermostat.
It's been working very well.
My kitchen/living has a patio door opening to outside. When the door opens, the thermostat schedule is set to 'Off'.
When the door closes, the normal timer schedule resumes.
This prevents the heat working in my kitchen/living zone when the patio door is open.

Response is very quick, typically 2-3 seconds. Battery usage on the thermostat seems unaffected even though the schedule change causes a screen refresh with the e-ink display.

Anyway, just wanted to say it's working well for me. Reasons I went with Netatmo stat initially were:
1. On sale after Christmas in Amazon!
2. Did not have any cabling to boiler in location I wanted to place thermostat
I was already testing the Wireless Tags in combination with Belkin WeMo for similar solution; have kept the tags for monitoring. They have a nice wireless PIR module too.

Return to “IFTTT”