Connecting to a SAUNIER DUVAL THEMAFAST NOx F30

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
qsnapper

Connecting to a SAUNIER DUVAL THEMAFAST NOx F30

Post by qsnapper » 26 Sep 2015, 11:01

I have a 'SAUNIER DUVAL THEMAFAST NOx F30' which I've checked and is supported.

I'm a bit in doubt on where to connect both cables so reaching out here to get some confirmation. This is the first Thermostat I am connecting as currently have none.

Looking at an online manual (refer to page 15 on saunierduval.es/downloads/sd-mi-themafast-nox-150410.pdf or attached photo) in the legend I see two possibilities for connecting the thermostat, either the 'Ebus' or the '24V' neither of which matches up with the options in the manual being 'LS/LR, TA or COM/NO'.

Which of the two is it, and does it matter which way the black and grey cable are connected?

Regarding the two power cables, it seems to me that the red and white cable connecting to the board are the + and - 230V power but there is no real room to plug in the two from the thermostat nor do I see any other location where I can nicely screw them in like the other two cables.

What's the suggested location, or am I to cut the cables before they reach the board and try to join them there?

Thanks in advance,

Quintus
Attachments
IMG_0744_min.jpg
IMG_0744_min.jpg (255.45 KiB) Viewed 389 times

TypeC

Re: Connecting to a SAUNIER DUVAL THEMAFAST NOx F30

Post by TypeC » 28 Sep 2015, 12:46

"RT" on the orange connector usually means "room thermostat" and the manual seems to back that up (although my Spanish is not very good!). You should remove the red link from the two terminals it joins and replace it with the black and grey wires from the Netatmo relay.

Unfortunately (and as you've seen), it doesn't look like there is a good option for taking power from the supply cables as they come into the boiler because of the lack of screw terminals. Cutting the incoming cable and adding a terminal block might be best, unless there is somewhere more convenient outside the boiler to get power from.

It does look like the edge connector above the input supply is designed to supply power out to another device, but I expect it will be hard to find a suitable connector to use, especially since the spacing of the connections is irregular.

qsnapper

Post by qsnapper » 28 Sep 2015, 21:45

Thanks TypeC.
Worked connecting to the 24V RT connector.
For power instead of cutting cables etc ended up buying a power plug in the hardware store and connecting it directly to the cable which I then plugged directly into the power socket.

All the best

TypeC

Post by TypeC » 29 Sep 2015, 16:12

Glad it's working!

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”