Apple Homekit

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
TypeC

Re: Apple Homekit

Post by TypeC » 07 Jan 2016, 13:52

matteos1 wrote:no one have a answer?
Your question is already answered earlier on the same page of this thread that your question was posted in! :?

Bloksel

Post by Bloksel » 07 Jan 2016, 14:21

TypeC wrote:
matteos1 wrote:no one have a answer?
Your question is already answered earlier on the same page of this thread that your question was posted in! :?
If you read the info above, you come to the conclusion you have to buy a new "Homekit" compatible thermostat. Except your unconfirmed post, I can find nothing in the posts or links that mention an update that will add homekit compatibility. Also, if I visit the french forum it states that an update would be released adding homekit compatibility for the old devices before the end of 2015. It is now 2016 and there is no update. Netatmo should be more clear on this subject. I also bought this thermostat under the impression it would be Homekit compatible. Mine also has a blue led.

Joseppe

Post by Joseppe » 07 Jan 2016, 15:14

Hello,
I have a problem connecting to Homekit. In the iPhone to show me the code in numerical form XXX-XXX-XXX, but Homekit requires a number like XXX-XX-XXX. How do I connect?
Thank you
Attachments
Homekit (Custom).jpg
Homekit (Custom).jpg (11.21 KiB) Viewed 574 times

aytek

Post by aytek » 07 Jan 2016, 15:34

Agree to Bloksel, I also follow French forum which has more up-to-date info but there is no clear information on the English forums.
Please enlighten us Netatmo!

TypeC

Post by TypeC » 07 Jan 2016, 16:39

Bloksel wrote:Except your unconfirmed post, I can find nothing in the posts or links that mention an update that will add homekit compatibility.
As my quote was copied and pasted from the official Netatmo website, I was going to take exception with your description of it as "unconfirmed"... so I tried to find the original text.

I think it must have been the link in cmugur's post on the first thread page: https://my.netatmo.com/settingstherm/faqnew/5/1, but there is now no trace of this information on there (and Google can't find it either).

Make of that what you will...

Bloksel

Post by Bloksel » 07 Jan 2016, 16:56

TypeC wrote:Make of that what you will...
Thanks for confirming, Now I know it is not the fault of my bad english, I could not find it :-) I found some french sites that say there will be an update, but I can't find an official message from Netatmo anywhere, which is a real shame.

I am new here, so I can be wrong, but Netatmo does not seem to give many replies on this forum either?

cmugur

Post by cmugur » 07 Jan 2016, 22:07

This is a copy/paste from the French forum:

"Postby Brieuc_Netatmo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:10 am

Bonjour,
Le Thermostat Netatmo ne supporte pas encore Homekit. Cette fonctionnalité sera ajoutée d’ici la fin de l’année et sera également disponible sur les produits actuels.
Merci pour votre patience.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team"

Which means: "The Netatmo thermostat doesn't yet support HomeKit. This functionality will be added before the end of the year and will also be available for the existing products".

I don't know what year was he referring to but apparently was not 2015. Perhaps 2016?

rnucci

Post by rnucci » 11 Jan 2016, 16:00

no news from Brieuc?

Return to “General questions”