HOMEKIT Compatibility for old relay

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
rollerleg

HOMEKIT Compatibility for old relay

Post by rollerleg »

When it will be available home kit support for older devices?

You said that was available at the end of 2015 but we are in 2016, you have released a new firmware and still no compatibility.

I await your response

Thanks
rnucci

Re: HOMEKIT Compatibility for old relay

Post by rnucci »

just 3 weeks ago, the Netatmo support team old me:
"I just checked, and indeed your thermostat is not compatible with Homekit.
We currently have no update that allows you to make this version compatible, and we have no other information."

So it seems that old relays will never be home-kit compatible
gigy71

Post by gigy71 »

So it seems that old relays will never be home-kit compatible[/quote]

Really ? notice confirmed or maybe possible with firmware upgrade ?
Someone able to clear this info ?

regards
aytek

Post by aytek »

How can it be possible to sell the same product with added functionality? If there is a new function then the new product should be called Netatmo v2 or some other naming.

Currently it is like selling one iPhone5 without bluetooth function and then selling another iPhone5 with bluetooth function added.

I really don't get it. They should be offering replacement or some firmware update to add this.
Bloksel

Post by Bloksel »

I also would like it if Netatmo communicated better with their customers. Now I feel this was my last Netatmo purchase. I like their products, but I feel they lack communication skills. I asked about the homekit support before buying it. They gave me the idea the old product would get it with a software update. Now it doesn't get it and they do not even sell a homekit hub.
Dank

Post by Dank »

I was also led to believe that the old relay would get an update for HomeKit via firmware.
Wish I had kept the email now.
aytek

Post by aytek »

Dear Brieuc_Netatmo,

I would like to learn my options about getting Homekit function.
Can I send my unit back to Netatmo for a replacement with Homekit enabled device? or,
Can Netatmo send me the new hardware (new pcb) so that I can replace it by opening the unit?

What are Netatmo's plans for HOMEKİT victims which?
Currently it looks like there is a discrimination between old users and new users who bought the same model of thermosthat.
Please unify us :)
bwbboot

Post by bwbboot »

Netatmo is simply ignoring any message regarding this topic. I have sent many many emails to support asking for a status update. And there is no response at all. >>/DEV/NULL

Netatmo you need to communicate with your customers. And simply be honest! Whats wrong with that!?
JanMetDePet

Post by JanMetDePet »

Netatmo is CHAMPION IGNORING.
When you come in with something there is a solution for: you will be answered.
When you as a question that cannot be answered, OR the answer would be not good for Netatmo: you will be ignoed.

There will be a time where Netatmo has to show their teeth to a new development. THAT will b the time we can force Netatmo.
Ipnotik

Post by Ipnotik »

Homekit for previous version of thermostat (blue light blinking) is simply no possible and it'll never be. There is no MFI chip installed for Homekit authentication procedure. That's all folks.

Return to “General questions”