HOMEKIT Compatibility for old relay

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Bloksel

Re: HOMEKIT Compatibility for old relay

Post by Bloksel »

Ipnotik wrote:Homekit for previous version of thermostat (blue light blinking) is simply no possible and it'll never be. There is no MFI chip installed for Homekit authentication procedure. That's all folks.
This information must have been available by Netatmo for a long time and still they spread tbe update rumor. So what are you trying to tell? We customers had no way to know that. I had read every article I could find about it, before buying this product. During that time the chip was never mentioned.
Ipnotik

Post by Ipnotik »

Just telling you that the only way to operate an homekit based system is the authentication chip. This chip is called MFI. Is there a MFI chip in previous version of thermostat? No. PERIOD. Netatmo is wrong in not wanting to give us this simple and definitive information. Every update rumor is trash. I'm a customer exactly like you but I know very well how these things work.
Bloksel

Post by Bloksel »

Maybe my bad english did it look that way, but I wasn't trying to attack you. I also know a lot about technology, this is why I was afraid Apple would require new hardware and I tried to inform myself about this. I feel like Netatmo willingly misinformed their customers to sell more thermostats. I can easily buy a new one, but because of this I doubt it will be a Netatmo.
Ipnotik

Post by Ipnotik »

Completely agree with you, my friend.
jlbalboa

Post by jlbalboa »

I bought two thermostats: one in the netatmo shop (end of september 2015) and one in Amazon.es (end of october 2015).
The joke is that I received a blue-led one in netatmo shop and a white-led one in Amazon. You obtain and older product if you buy it to netatmo?
Last edited by jlbalboa on 08 Mar 2016, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
aytek

Post by aytek »

Come on this is ridiculous, Netatmo should sort this issue out very urgently.
They even can't make a public announcement. It seems like even they don't know how to solve it :/
gkirstei

Post by gkirstei »

Ipnotik wrote:Just telling you that the only way to operate an homekit based system is the authentication chip. This chip is called MFI. Is there a MFI chip in previous version of thermostat? No. PERIOD. Netatmo is wrong in not wanting to give us this simple and definitive information. Every update rumor is trash. I'm a customer exactly like you but I know very well how these things work.
Not quite true. There is an instruction how to connect Nest to your home kit. Nest does not have any chip. You can google: idownloadblog /2015/12/18/control-nest-with-apple-watch-homekit-siri-homebridge/
Basicaly it means, that it's possible that netatmo could upgrade older versions and add HomeKit funcionallity. Question is - do they want?
Bloksel

Post by Bloksel »

gkirstei wrote:
Ipnotik wrote:Just telling you that the only way to operate an homekit based system is the authentication chip. This chip is called MFI. Is there a MFI chip in previous version of thermostat? No. PERIOD. Netatmo is wrong in not wanting to give us this simple and definitive information. Every update rumor is trash. I'm a customer exactly like you but I know very well how these things work.
Not quite true. There is an instruction how to connect Nest to your home kit. Nest does not have any chip. You can google: idownloadblog /2015/12/18/control-nest-with-apple-watch-homekit-siri-homebridge/
Basicaly it means, that it's possible that netatmo could upgrade older versions and add HomeKit funcionallity. Question is - do they want?
You need to run the homebridge software on a computer which functions as a bridge. You can not really compare this with HomeKit functionality that would be in the firmware. If Netatmo really can't add this functionality, they could create a bridge or let for example function a weather module or a Welcome camera unit as a HomeKit bridge.
Kaos24

Post by Kaos24 »

Anyone know if the vaillant VSmart has the mfi chip / HomeKit compatible?
The vaillant vSmart is built buy or/ and based on the netamo thermostat.
Thanks
Bloksel

Post by Bloksel »

This press release was posted on the french forum, here the english version:
https://www.netatmo.com/press/en-US/rel ... FA_ENG.pdf

Return to “General questions”