myatmo - new free iPhone app

Remarks, questions, tips and tricks regarding the Netatmo iPhone application.
bluetdi

Re: myatmo for netatmo - new free iPhone app

Post by bluetdi »

skuske wrote:
bluetdi wrote:Auf dem iPhone müsst ihr euch für die Darstellung der numerischen Werte auch noch was überlegen. Momentan ... stehen sie beim Innenmodul auf verschiedenen Höhen. Das sieht nicht so gut aus.
Das ist leider nicht anders möglich, da einige Zahlen vierstellig plus Kommastelle sind, und das einfach Platz braucht, der aber in der Horizontalen beschränkt ist, vorallem deshalb, weil das Layout für 4 verschiedene iPhone Screengrößen passen muss. Da muss man irgendwo Abstriche machen.
Na ja, euch wird schon was einfallen. Auf einer Linie sollten sie schon stehen. Das geht.

Netzteil ist sicher praktisch, aber wo mein Außenmodul hängt, gibt es dafür keinen Anschluss.
DigitalMann

Post by DigitalMann »

skuske wrote:
Capsid wrote:The old app showed the weather forecast which would be useful to include still if possible. Also can there be an Apple watch feature? I'm using the comfort app but it would be nice to have one app instead of two.
myatmo is a third party app and not an official app!

Sounds like it may be time for an official Netatmo app for the Apple Watch. I don't imagine it would take that much code.
skuske

Post by skuske »

Long time no 'real news' from myatmo, but now we have submitted v1.2.0 to Apple for review. This update includes a great new feature for all the 'stats geeks' out there... :)

v1.2.0 of myatmo will include a new 3-year-average comparison chart for all netatmo modules and for all available data. With that new feature one gets a great cool overview on the history of station data for the last 3 years, with a year-to-year comparison. However: this feature is only interesting if you own a netatmo station for more than 12 months, otherwise there is nothing to compare... ;)

Here's a screenshot - we expect this new version to be reviewed by Apple within the next 5 days...

Best wishes,

Stefan
Download myatmo from the iTunes AppStore at

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myatmo/ ... &ls=1&mt=8
Baskat

Post by Baskat »

Really nice update!
Your work is highly appreciated - I much prefer your app over the original!
bluetdi

Post by bluetdi »

Wie kann es sein, dass die App für den Windsensor -1 Grad als Windrichtung anzeigt? Rundungsfehler der App oder falscher Wert des Messgeräts? Könnt ihr euch das bitte mal anschauen.
JanMetDePet

Post by JanMetDePet »

I'm sorry, I don't understand, repeat yuor question in (US)English ....
skuske

Post by skuske »

bluetdi wrote:Wie kann es sein, dass die App für den Windsensor -1 Grad als Windrichtung anzeigt? Rundungsfehler der App oder falscher Wert des Messgeräts? Könnt ihr euch das bitte mal anschauen.
Kann nur ein falscher Wert vom Netatmo Server sein. Gerundet wird bei den Windrichtungen nichts.

Baskat

Post by Baskat »

Dear Skuske,

Thanks again for your great app!
I have a suggestion for an update. Its a feature, called 'outdoor humidity at indoor temperature', that I used to enjoy in an older weather station. It had the ability to, based on the outdoor temperature + humidity and the indoor temperature, calculate the new indoor humidity following a complete ventilation of the house. The presumption for such a calculation is of course that the ventilation is quick and that the temperature of the fresh air immediately is brought to the indoor temperature experienced before the ventilation. The feature proved very useful in estimating the benefit of a ventilation on very humid spring and autumn days - to ensure that the ventilation wouldn't result in an even higher indoor humidity.
I've found a site, that does the calculation, given, of course, that it is provided with the numbers. As I can't post URL's I've attached an image:
Attachments
Example showing benefit of ventilation
Example showing benefit of ventilation
Capture.JPG (86.23 KiB) Viewed 2136 times
skuske

Post by skuske »

Dear myatmo users,

quite a long time no real new features - this changes now. :)

We are currently preparing v1.3.0 of myatmo, which will include a cool new 'area map' feature. It gives you easy and quick access to measurements of other (public) station, and myatmo will calculate the average of all measurements from all stations within a specific radius of any given location on earth (other planets will folllow ;) ).

That means that with this cool new feature you can quickly check the average measurements for your current location, for your netatmo station location, or for any other custom location (London, for example, as displayed in the following screenshot):

Average values are calculated for temperature, humidity, pressure, rain, and wind. If you don't own a rain gauge or a wind gauge yet: no problem with this new feature of myatmo: just check the surrounding of your weather station for other stations and myatmo will display the rain and wind measurement averages from those stations.

I hope to have that new version ready sometime in the second week of June 2016. :)

Best wishes,

Stefan

bluetdi

Post by bluetdi »

Looks interesting.
Thx for improving the app further on.

Return to “Weather Station iOS Application”