Cannot install additional indoor module

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Weather Stations for the first time.
Scotty1928

Cannot install additional indoor module

Post by Scotty1928 »

Hello there!

I have a problem regarding the additional indoor modules. When i try to install them, it always does not find the module. I do follow the instructions in the app step by step, but it does not work. I also tried two different additional indoor modules, as i have to set up multiple systems.

What happens:
- As soon as i insert the four AAA-Batteries, the module starts to blink green and stops after a few seconds and then stops.
- The base stations turns blue and i am able to get into the Settings page where i can add the Modules. I also can start the process of adding
- After maybe 20 Seconds, a hint says that it did not find the module.

Does anyone have a solution to that? Netatmo itself isn't answering and has no phone number to call.

Thanks in advance!
Scotty
DavidG

Re: Cannot install additional indoor module

Post by DavidG »

Hello,

I am experiencing exactly the same issues... 2 different interior modules tested and none is being recognized by the station while the green light is blinking!

Any solution someone?
David.
mrweb6

Post by mrweb6 »

I just bought additional indoor module and Rain Gauge and couldn't install them! The process was exactly the same for me as Scotty1928 described. Any idea for a solution?
mrweb6

Post by mrweb6 »

Did you disconnect the base station at first? Try that - I managed to install by doing that.
don63

Post by don63 »

I'm suffering from the same problem. Brand new netatmo weather station with an additional indoor module. Base station and outdoor module are working fine.

However, whatever I do I cannot get the base station to connect to the indoor module. I go through the setup screens in the iOS app, put the batteries into additional module at the required point at which point the green light starts flashing. At this point I advance the next page in the app and it says that it is trying to connect but it eventually fails.

I've tried with the additional indoor module close to the base station or far away, I've even tried powering off the base station and starting from there (as per mrweb6 post above). But nothing works.

I emailed support yesterday, but nothing back yet. Very very frustrating and getting to the point where I will return the netatmo as not fit for purpose.

Don
Brian

Post by Brian »

I have the same problem, just with the outdoor module. Yesterday when I first started setting the whole system up, the outdoor module worked just fine, together with an extra indoor module. Then I put the outdoor module outside, and the main module lost connection to the outdoor module. I took the outdoor module back inside and changed the batteries, in case the one that was in where no good. Outdoor module came back online, and I put it outside again. Lost connection again. Figured I was because of bad connection, so took the outdoor module back inside. Now today when I try to connect the outdoor module again, it won’t connect. Tried changing the batteries again, and follow the instruction all the way. No luck. The outdoor module is blinking with the green light in the bottom when I put the batteries in.

Then tried to remove and add an indoor module, that worked just fine. So don’t think there is anything wrong with main module.

I have tried everything I can think off, powered the main module down. Added a new station and so on, nothing works. Anyone know what to do?

Regards Brian
Brian

Post by Brian »

This sucks. Now my extra indoor module says it needs new batteries, i have just replaced them an hour ago with new ones!!! This product is going back. What a disapointment.
don63

Post by don63 »

I have to agree. It's also the worst support I have received for any of my recent technology purchases. It's now 5 days since I asked support for help - still no reply. TRULY APPALLING SERVICE.

As an aside, I have now figured out how to get the additional indoor module to connect. Do not use the iOS app to connect it - it just does NOT work. Instead connect it via a cable to the PC and I was able to get it connected.

Don
Brian

Post by Brian »

Now I cant get my indoor module to connect to main module. Don63, how do you connect it via a cable to the PC. Do you need to install software, or???

Even if I do get my outdoor and extra indoor modules to connect again, I am not sure I trust this product anymore. CO2 level is constant, as well as humidity, even after I open all windows for 10 min. Temperature drop by 2 degrees...
don63

Post by don63 »

You connect it to your pc via the USB cable. Once connected it windows recognized the driver and installed it automatically and then launched the netatmo program to configure it. It was quite straight-forward.

My CO2 levels and humidty seem to be working ok. The Co2 levels I can see going up when somebody is in the room and dropping when they leave said room.

Don

Return to “Setting up my Weather Station”