Many features missing, need your opinion

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
jofre_netatmo

Re: Many features missing, need your opinion

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hi all,
We appreciate you sending your feedback and feature requests for our products.
You can do that by posting on the Forum or by writing directly to the Customer Service.
We read all your comments and suggestions and forward them to the Product team to be taken into consideration.
As you know, our products evolve constantly through firmware and app updates.
Thanks,
Jofre - Netatmo Team
kthemall

Post by kthemall »

feature request:

is it possible to record only the alert-marked area. austria is very strict with privacy.

thx tom
k1200rs

Post by k1200rs »

Tiamat1701 wrote:My feeling is that the Presence is really designed for people who want "set and forget" convenience. These are people who do not want to mess with Wi-Fi settings, granular control over recording resolution, frame rate, setting up a local SAMBA or NFS shares, worrying about opening a port on a firewall, trying to adjust the motion detection settings to minimize false alarms, etc
Yes, that's exactly my case, I don't want to play with sophisticated settings and complex smart-ass setup. I had this installed in few steps and it does what I expect, simply.
blauge

Post by blauge »

Image rotation when the camera is mounted sideways ( we need to change the angel with a option with 90 degree angel )
My camera is mounted sideways because of the environment ( inside a carport )
PussInBoots

Post by PussInBoots »

I would like to have user selectable alarm tones, e.g. different alarms for animal, person, car and an option to set a louder and longer alarm during certain times so that you would wake up from it.
kiboost

Post by kiboost »

We really need a way to turn notifications on and off, being IFTTT or API.
I have my Presences always on so it can effectively replace a light and automatically light on when it see someone. But I must let options to record only, to not get tons of notifications when we are here. We ever have some smarthome scenario when we leave home and come back, and these scenarios need to be able to tell Presence to go into record+notify for humans when we leave, and back to record only when we come back.

Actually, the Netatmo marketing is almost lying without such possibilities, as you have to adjust settings in the app every-time to make replacing a light...
php-simpleNetatmoAPI Simple to use php API based on official API.
Una Real

Post by Una Real »

There are times when it would be nice to monitor audio only. Hope this may be possible with future FW.

For example, I often sit in front of sliding glass doors and look at the wildlife. This is an area I have Presence monitoring at night to alert me to raiding raccoons and bear. The Presence has a pretty decent microphone and I never realized how many outside sounds I was missing until it was installed. So would be nice to be able to monitor the audio during the daylight hours without having the many squirrels, and large birds (hawks, crows, mourning doves, etc.) in the alert zones trigger endless video recordings. BTW - am impressed by Presence's ability to ignore the smaller birds.

Presence's mic is also great for alerting to sleet (pinging off the housing) and heavy rain. Was for awhile puzzled by a new sound, but discovered it was water running down a downspout located near the unit. Ha! Think Netatmo has done a pretty good job at adjusting the sensitivity with v82. That said, it's the only FW I've ever had so nothing previous to compare to. Plus my unit is in an area pretty much sheltered from the wind, so I rarely hear it in the mic unless it's blowing really hard.

UPDATE: This is actually not a desirable feature with Presence due to the progressively increasing lag time in live view. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7499
ldplusse

Post by ldplusse »

jofre wrote:Hi all,
Thanks for sharing these feature requests with us.
We will forward them to our Product team for consideration.
As for image rotation (180°), it will be available in the coming weeks.
Regards,
Could we get an etimate on this feature and which version it could be available in?
It has been 2 month, but it is not listed in the changelog for Precence Firmware.

Thanks
Lars Kuhlmann
ldplusse

Post by ldplusse »

ldplusse wrote:
jofre wrote:Hi all,
Thanks for sharing these feature requests with us.
We will forward them to our Product team for consideration.
As for image rotation (180°), it will be available in the coming weeks.
Regards,
Could we get an etimate on this feature and which version it could be available in?
It has been 2 month, but it is not listed in the changelog for Precence Firmware.

Thanks
Lars Kuhlmann
It is there. Just found it and i am still on version 82 (It was offline because i have not mounted it yet, because of the upside down feature missing).
You could have put this in the change log, it is a feature to mention.
jueti

Post by jueti »

I think bug fixing of existing issues and keeping up the pace with promised features and qualities more up-to-date is more important than expecting new features...

Just my 2cents...

Return to “General questions”