Advanced algorithms (PID and Heating Prediction) computation

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Advanced algorithms (PID and Heating Prediction) computa

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

bwbboot wrote:Hi Brieuc,

Hope you are doing well. Can you have a look at my thermostats please? I have them since march 2015 but I never got PID mode available.

1st floor j0725aa
2nd floor j07270a
3rd floor j072604

Also believe they can use a firmware upgrade but not sure if that is related to not switching to PID mode.

Thanks for the help!

Bjorn
Hi,
It looks like your heating system has a very high inertia, our tools are not able to provide PID parameters more interesting than the current hysteresis algorithm.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
Stuflo

Post by Stuflo »

Brieuc Would you mind taking a look at mine. I have had the heating on for over a month and still PID does not seem to be enabled still.

Please confirm if my system is suitable

Michael0610

Post by Michael0610 »

"When the advanced algorithms are activated, the house specifications are still analyzed continuously, and the algorithms are automatically adjusted - if needed - every 2 weeks.
If following a deep change in the system (boiler and/or insulation changed), the Thermostat behavior is no longer optimal, it's possible to switch back to hysteresis mode, during the time that the PID and Heating Prediction are adjusted (for 2 weeks max, consequently)."

Does this mean that if going back from PID to hys-mode, I will get a message when new PID is ready?
Stuflo

Post by Stuflo »

Stuflo wrote:Brieuc Would you mind taking a look at mine. I have had the heating on for over a month and still PID does not seem to be enabled still.

Please confirm if my system is suitable

Please can I have an update brieuc.

Thanks
Alexraptus

Post by Alexraptus »

Hi Brieuc,

it's 15 days that I'm using my new Netatmo Thermostat, still today I've not received any PID notification.
Looking into the advanced parameters I'm not able to understand if it's using hysteresis or PID mode.

Can you please check the status and let me know?

S/N: j1e8ac2

Thanks in advance,
Alessandro
rob59

Post by rob59 »

Hi Brieuc, today I received on my smartphone the notification that the new algorithm is available, but in the settings I see only the hysteresis algorithm.
Could you please check?
My S/N is j0c49d0
Thanks!
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

rob59 wrote:Hi Brieuc, today I received on my smartphone the notification that the new algorithm is available, but in the settings I see only the hysteresis algorithm.
Could you please check?
My S/N is j0c49d0
Thanks!
Hi,
The notification was about the advanced Prediction feature, not the Advanced heating algorithm (PID).
Just wait again for few days until you get another notification, about the heating algorithm.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
rob59

Post by rob59 »

Hi, thanks for your answer, I did not realize that there were 2 different algorithms...
So I suppose that the advanced Prediction works with the hysteresis algorithm to calculate how much time to anticipate heating to account for the thermal inertia of the house. If I'm right what is the difference between the two algorithms? Can they cooperate or are mutually exclusive?
Thanks for your patience.
Stuflo

Post by Stuflo »

I have had my thermostat since July. Whilst PID is now working fine the Prediction algorithm is still on the default of 30 minutes? Any suggestions please.
mrroboto

Post by mrroboto »

Hi Brieuc,

After 3 weeks my girlfriend's Netatmo hasn't yet received the PID. Can you take a look at it please? My own Netatmo got the PID only after 6 days.

S/N j0C34f4

Thank you very much.

Return to “General questions”