Installed Presence Saturday. Had 2 disconnects so far

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
LanceM

Re: Installed Presence Saturday. Had 2 disconnects so far

Post by LanceM »

Well I have had the Presence installed for 3 days now and it "disconnects" for lack of a better description each morning and night. Possible around the time we go from light to dark and vice versa.I can still view recorded videos but just get a black or sometimes stuck live feed. I can't change any settings or activate the flood light. Going into darkness the IR led's also fail to activate until I power the Presence off and back on. This of course cures all issues for another few hours. Really bad issue if I am away from home. So bad that I am having to install a Wemo light switch to replace the switch that is there now to be able to reset remotely. I have FTP and Dropbox going just as I do with my welcome Cam. They work flawlessly. The welcome does this very rarely but fixes itself, the Presence just stays stuck. I have 200 down and 20 up bandwidth. I am in New Zealand which just adds to the fact it is unlikely to be a specific country.....
Sjd666

Post by Sjd666 »

Had mine about 3 weeks now and like many it disconnects at least once a day for about 5-10 minutes. First impressions not good so far. Same firmware as you all.

Plus I just noticed I have a black screen and no sound but is still online.
silvanm

Post by silvanm »

I had it installed for four days now. Firmware 82. I have 50Mbps up _and_ downstream from that location. Yesterday night I had a total of 5 disconnects and reconnects between 6pm and 9pm. I disconnected the camera from the power in order to do a full reboot, but this did not help (see screenshot)

Even in the time when the app reported to be "Reconnected" I was not able to play the videos (I received "Error Code: 01")
Screenshot_20170101-201508.png
Screenshot_20170101-201508.png (157.54 KiB) Viewed 1724 times
Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Update, 8.1.2017: It turned out that the reason for those disconnects was an unreliable PowerLAN connection (Packet loss). I replaced the PowerLAN adapters and since then the camera is running in a quite stable way. The improvement that Netatmo should do is to provide better error messages (e.g. "The camera was disconnected because of an error with the network connection - Packet loss 80%.")
Last edited by silvanm on 08 Jan 2017, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
Sjd666

Post by Sjd666 »

Looks very similar to mine
Attachments
IMG_0177.PNG
IMG_0177.PNG (275.96 KiB) Viewed 1724 times
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Interesting little trick I discovered when you get a disconnect and the live feed gets stuck or goes black. I also have an issue where the IR LED's don't come on each night. Never have. Anyway rather than having to reboot the camera which is hard if you are not home, just go into the alert zones, edit one just slightly and then put it back how you had it (you might not even need to edit) and then save and go back out. This has tricked the camera to come back to life every time so far. Even gets the IR LED's going. This is the only setting that I can change or alter when I get this issue, everything else does but a simple edit of the alert zone gets things back to normal. Handy. Worth a try until Netatmo fix the disconnect issue.
kiboost

Post by kiboost »

wow, never had problems before apart some few seconds disconnections with webhook, this morning both cameras Presence were disconnected/connected in timeline, both also 'restarted' in timeline, but both was working fine this morning. Now one is inaccessible, camera disconnected !!
And can't edit alert zone trick, all is greyed out for this camera.

These disconnections are serious Netatmo ...
php-simpleNetatmoAPI Simple to use php API based on official API.
Tiamat1701

Post by Tiamat1701 »

I've had one of my two Presence cameras disconnect as well. I had to turn off the power, then back on, in order to restore it. The edit alert zone trick also did not work for me.
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Mine came right for two days and was perfect. Today back to disconnects and black screen. The edit alert trick now only works occasionally. Frustrating.
Hozzi

Post by Hozzi »

Mine started disconnecting recently though initially it was fine. I think the problem only started after I put in a second alert zone but this may be just coincidence.
Anyway I have now gone back to just one alert zone and I will see what happens.
Hozzi

Post by Hozzi »

Unfortunately going back to just one alert zone did not help.
The camera is still disconnecting randomly.
I have other Netatmo devices on the same network but they are not affected.

Return to “General questions”