No more video display in app (ios) and web client

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Topas

No more video display in app (ios) and web client

Post by Topas »

Since yesterday I can´t open videos in the netatmo app / or in the web-client anymore. I got weired clip lengths of about 45:00 minutes - and a black screen when I try to access the videos. The timeline is still correct and displays the events correctly. I hope this bug will be fixed soon....
Tiamat1701

Re: No more video display in app (ios) and web client

Post by Tiamat1701 »

Suggest you submit a support request to Netatmo, as you probably won't get a reply here from them.

https://www.netatmo.com/helpcenter/security/2/other/7
davent

Post by davent »

I had the same issue yesterday. Lost live video and ability fetch recorded videos from the camera. I decided to do a factory reset of the device but now am unable to reconnect to it. Looks like it's dead int he water :(
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Leave it powered off for an hour or so and then keep trying to setup as you would have initially. I had the exact same issue and did the exact same thing. I had real trouble getting it to configure again. Use the QR code in the box and keep trying. After a few attempts mine connected and I was able to reconfigure. It still drops the live feed as it did before but at least it goes 50% of the time while I wait for support.
vojta66

Post by vojta66 »

Topas wrote:Since yesterday I can´t open videos in the netatmo app / or in the web-client anymore. I got weired clip lengths of about 45:00 minutes - and a black screen when I try to access the videos. The timeline is still correct and displays the events correctly. I hope this bug will be fixed soon....
I have exactly the same issue on iphone 7plus...., what is irritating that on one Xperia Z5 phone (Android) it runs ok :D
1Welcome(512), 9 tags (v58), 1Smart Smoke (v108),1Smart Siren (v209)
1 Weather Station(v181), Outdoor module (50),Rain Gauge(v12),Wind Gauge(v25),3 Indoor Modules (v51)
1Thermostat(v75+relay 2nd generation v222 + 5Valves (v85)
2Presence cameras(320)
Tim

Post by Tim »

Same for me here. Seems to have started today or yesterday later in the evening.
Today the camera is like dead, not even the IR is on. After I restarted it (power cycle), the app (Android) only says "started". Black live video, no surveillance, no automatic floodlight.
To summarize: Pretty useless!

Screenshot:
Screenshot from Android App
Screenshot from Android App
Screenshot_20170112-183237.jpg (137.24 KiB) Viewed 1748 times
tifoso

Post by tifoso »

I have same issue. But it is very amazing that I am able to download recorded time lapse video inside app. Seems to me camera is well connected....
matic5

Post by matic5 »

Hello, I also had a similar problem with the camera Presence and also with the Wellcome camera. With both I had to replace the micro SD card and now it works perfectly. Try replacing the card.
DAJ

Post by DAJ »

I had the same issue for the first time (I believe) on one of my cameras. I noticed yesterday that the screen went black twice in the afternoon but then returned, when I went into the settings screen. Then in the evening, at around 22.20 I noticed it was black again and would not return, no matter what I did in the application. I could also view recorded material, but the floodlight would not switch on with detection and the IR Led's were no longer showing, so appeared that the camera had frozen. No disconnections showing in the timeline and could also download the Time-Lapse recording, although after downloading this twice 10 minutes apart they were both the same and did not show any of the black image, so the camera had completely crashed. Had to switch off and back on and the picture returned.

Downloaded another time-lapse this morning and the time-lapse also did not show any blackout but was missing around 11 seconds, equating to nearly 4.5 hours that the camera had not been functioning in the previous 24 hours, the length of the video was 49 seconds whereas it is normally around 60.
tifoso

Post by tifoso »

Well, I disconnected camera from power, replaced sd card, reconnected camera to power and now it seems to work. But I have no clue how long this will be fine...

Return to “General questions”