Anemometer Update!

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
durrantie

Re: Anemometer Update!

Post by durrantie »

I just bought my third one from amazon a few weeks ago, no issues with spikes yet & plenty of sun
330dm

Post by 330dm »

Today I took my replacement anemometer from the roof, because it hasn't been providing any data for the last couple of weeks.
Exchanging batteries didn't help, no connection, reinstalling didn't help. It's dead and wet again, talking about a Deja Vu... :(
Time to start up the NetAtmo CS Circus again, hope they'll respond faster then the last time I needed their help. :?
330dm

Post by 330dm »

I was too curious why these devices break down, so decided to open mine up, since it doesn't work and I'm sick of it anyway.
What I already thought is correct, It's not waterproof, dripping wet on the inside, which ruins the electronics. I made a picture:
I give up on this module, I'll stick to the in- and outside module and the rain meter, this one sucks (water ;) )
Attachments
Wetwetwet
Wetwetwet
Slim

Post by Slim »

Hi

Thanks for sharing your photo of the defective anemometer. You can clearly see moisture all over the circuit board :shock:
Any idea of how the water enter the housing??

Thanks
Slim
Netatmo Weather Station, rain and wind gauge.
Netatmo Presence Outdoor Camera.
Netatmo Smart Video Doorbell.
330dm

Post by 330dm »

I suspect the center hole, the little nut (in the compartment where the batteries are) is corroded as well, it's about 50% orange-coloured now.
So I think it's coming in from below. I've mentioned it before, but this thing is not fit for outside use in moist environments, should only be sold in the desert :?
I've cleaned the print and let it dry for some days, if I get it to work again I'll try to make it waterproof. There really was a LOT of water inside, the label was soaked, you
can even see that on the pic. :cry:
mweasner

Post by mweasner »

If an outdoor weather device is not weatherproof, sounds like a recall is required. Of course, I'm not certain how Netatmo would notify customers of the recall. Probably the same way they do firmware updates, or actually NOT do firmware updates, since my devices apparently have not been updated to fix the high temperature anemometer wind speed spikes.
Slim

Post by Slim »

mweasner wrote:If an outdoor weather device is not weatherproof, sounds like a recall is required
Then they should do a recall on the outdoor temperature module and the Presence security camera aswell :D

I wonder if Netatmo even tests their products outdoor before they are sold to us gullible customers :?
Netatmo Weather Station, rain and wind gauge.
Netatmo Presence Outdoor Camera.
Netatmo Smart Video Doorbell.
330dm

Post by 330dm »

Cleaned the chalked using a small screwdriver, some vinegar, heat and some time. After that I made some modifications using tissues, grease and hairspray.. :lol:
And surprise, surprise, it works again! Let's see if it can beat the 7 months record of fault free operation 8-)
330dm

Post by 330dm »

"Let's see if it can beat the 7 months record of fault free operation"

Mmmm, not exactly, it gave up again after 5 days. This is definitely the worst electronic device I've ever owned, what a piece of junk,
wish I never bought it, it's a complete waste of time and money. :evil:
Duracell

Post by Duracell »

I would also let to hear a positive message about the anemometer of netatmo, i used it since November 2015 and is still working to complete satisfaction. the anemometer is in use in the Netherlands so he gets enough wind and water over him.

Return to “General questions”