Installed Presence Saturday. Had 2 disconnects so far

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
jueti

Re: Installed Presence Saturday. Had 2 disconnects so far

Post by jueti »

Hmm, mine works flawlessly without disconnects for two months now.

I wonder if those of you having this issue have received a unit from a defective production lot ?
If all are on same FW and have no issues with their other network devices then it clearly is a defective Netatmo unit.

Not sure if posting serial numbers here would help or cause security issues, but I would recommend to contact Netatmo customer service directly so that they can work on the troubleshooting.
Slim

Post by Slim »

Well...seems like almost all of us have received an defective production cam then... :D

Just take a look at all the posts here...nothing but trouble. Lag, freezes, black screen, ir issues, wifi fails, moisture in the sd card slot, random disconnects....and it just continues :x

I'm starting too feel like an alpha tester here :o
Netatmo Weather Station, rain and wind gauge.
Netatmo Presence Outdoor Camera.
Netatmo Smart Video Doorbell.
jueti

Post by jueti »

I think many of us here feel like this. And in fact I think we are !
In my professional environment I work together with software engineers as well, so I can understand some of the issues Netatmo might have here. What is considerably unacceptable is the fact that they do not react to customer complaints (or on very very cases here), that their video compression codec is not up-to-date, and they seem to have software glitches in the wifi module.
OK, they might have had some cost reduction process going on during the final phase before introduction (which explains some of the discrepancies between earlier web advertisement and actual product), but what strikes me is that their software team does not come up with solutions on the above issues.
Instead they start working in parallel on new product categories (see CES news) and from what I could google on the company details they are not a huge company with big manpower.
With such behavior the business model will not work and the risk capital investors behind will be facing huge costs for returned goods and to be issued credit notes to customers and distribution partners.
bwlove

Post by bwlove »

My disconnects finally stopped.... By getting it RMA'ed/returned/replaced. So using the power of deduction, I'm also guessing there was a batch of faulty cameras many of us have. Maybe the firmware update did fix things, as it occurred during the 3 weeks my camera was out for return (more there in a bit), but given others are still having issues, I'd guess not. What a frustrating experience. The most frustrating, as jueti notes, is that they don't seem to be very focused or responsive to existing customers, and at the same time, trying to roll out new products that clearly take up their resources. I mean your best customers are your existing customers, are they not? And I for one will be very very hesitant to be Netatmo's guinea pig on new products in the future.

As for my RMA, to continue to clown show of the customer support, I sent it back to a NC address via a UPS label they gave me. Thank goodness for UPS as I followed up multiple times with Netatmo after it was returned - with zero responses of course - and finally got a reply that said they didn't have a record of receiving it, but since the UPS tracker showed it arrived, they would send out a new unit.... If it's not one thing, it's another.

Who is running this company????
steveb

Post by steveb »

Same problem for me.
I have the latest firmware v86 installed (from last friday) but it didn't solve the issue.
It seems to be a common problem , so Netatmo should answer.
Hozzi

Post by Hozzi »

My disconnections have ceased since firmware v87 was installed
dirkdm

Post by dirkdm »

I have a problem with the Live Feed that stops at random times. The answer i got from support was : If you happen to use a repeater, please make sure that it doesn't have the same SSID as your router.
What is your networks upload speed?
speedtest.net
Have a nice day.

I do use 2 Xclaim AP's, so I started doing some testing. Changing SSID's didn't solve anything. I tried 3 different tablets, all 3 Android one, they all had the same problem. When I used a Windows 10 laptop, using the same Wifi as the tablets, and viewed the live stream over the Google Chrome Web Browser the live stream kept working.

I presume there is something wrong, or kan be solved, in the (Android) app ...
Klugschwätzer

Post by Klugschwätzer »

I have the problem too now. After working quite well a couple of weeks now the camera now stops working about 10 times a day. Sometimes it reconnects after 30 minutes or less, sometimes it wont. Basically useless as it is. I read that a couple of people here in this thread have Powerline adapters. I too have such repeater setup. So perhaps we are on to something and the disconnects are really "just" related to network problems the camera is solving in a bad way. Or rather not solving at all. I guess this is something a firmware update could fix: to react more lenient if there is a temporary network problem.
Klugschwätzer

Post by Klugschwätzer »

I tried changing the WiFi and loacation of the Poweline repeater. I switched SD-cards. I removed the Dropbox-upload setting.

Nothing helps. Camera keeps loosing connection now and then. Extremely annoying.

Does anybody know of an sort of logfile one can dive into? I mean there must bei some mentioning of the reason for a disconnect in some way or form.

If only the support would show itself and recognize the problems so many have.
kthemall

Post by kthemall »

my disconnects get better. maybe netatmo did change something on their backend server(s)?? but there is a lot of other work for netatmo to do: live-view is shame (it´s more than 5 seconds later then the real life, alert-zones polygon use-style....)

thx tom

Return to “General questions”