Other Motions not uploaded Dropbox

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
DAJ

Other Motions not uploaded Dropbox

Post by DAJ » 28 Dec 2016, 22:35

I have the default settings upon installation where People and Cars are set to Record and Notify and Animals and Other Motions are set to Record Only.

Had a couple of Other Motions today and noticed that they are not uploaded to Dropbox whereas the items set to Record and Notify are uploaded. I would expect all detections that are recorded to be uploaded to Dropbox as this is used as a backup else If I was not interested in them i would set to Ignore them and not record them.

Hope there is a fix coming in a future update, thanks.

{EDITED 29 Dec 16}
Found the DropBox settings to choose what recordings to Upload and it's missing the Other Motions, @Netatmo please add this as a choice for the User to switch on/off, thanks.
2016-12-29_15-06-46.png
Upload to Dropbox settings
2016-12-29_15-06-46.png (53.88 KiB) Viewed 296 times

ldplusse

Re: Other Motions not uploaded Dropbox

Post by ldplusse » 29 Jan 2017, 22:29

I use FTP as backup, and have the same problem, that it does not upload Other and Animals.
But i don't have an option anywhere to select/deselect what to upload as DAJ shows with Dropbox.

jueti

Post by jueti » 29 Jan 2017, 22:46

Do you use SECURITY app v2 ?
It is the icon (within iOS) with the green fingerprint.
You can select individually for each instant.

In my case, I have selected to record ALL to dropbox, but notify only in case of xx and yy.

This does work well.
No issues on previous v82 or latest v86 camera FW.

ldplusse

Post by ldplusse » 30 Jan 2017, 00:01

jueti wrote:Do you use SECURITY app v2 ?
It is the icon (within iOS) with the green fingerprint.
You can select individually for each instant.

In my case, I have selected to record ALL to dropbox, but notify only in case of xx and yy.

This does work well.
No issues on previous v82 or latest v86 camera FW.
Do you reply to me or DAJ?
There are no such options when using FTP.
Attachments
IMG_0689.PNG

jueti

Post by jueti » 30 Jan 2017, 12:00

Actually to DAJ, but I have re-confirmed with my settings screen and he is right, no way to select the "others" for upload.

This is a bit inconsistent as you might want this being saved as well.

DAJ

Post by DAJ » 22 May 2017, 19:06

Please can this be activated. Other Motions (not People, Animals or Cars) are the only detection's that are not able to be uploaded to Dropbox, and for a security device that is not 100% accurate this makes no sense. In the past hour, I have had three detections as Other Motions which were clearly people and if I was away on holiday these Other Motions would not be uploaded to Dropbox and could have been overwritten by other events in the time I returned home to view the footage or lost forever if the device or SD card was taken. As a security device, every motion detected should have the option of being recorded to Dropbox or FTP as backup at the users choice and not what Netatmo deem is important to upload.

Return to “General questions”