[Important announcement] Service interruption

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
jofre_netatmo

[Important announcement] Service interruption

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hello all,
For several hours there's been a service interruption that affected notifications, events on the timeline and the installation process.
Our engineers have reestablished service by 4pm today. You can now install and use your cameras normally.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
Sincerely,
Jofre - Netatmo Team
KaiUwe

Re: [Important announcement] Service interruption

Post by KaiUwe »

Still not working for me.
ultrajones

Post by ultrajones »

It's still not working for me either.
racarter

Post by racarter »

Netatmo API not working for me.
Grynneman

Post by Grynneman »

Welcome not working, not recognising faces, not detecting movement. Have powered off for 30 seconds to see if this will fix, no joy. Live camera is working. Related to firmware update?
simonjedrake

Post by simonjedrake »

All appears to be functioning Ok now with history on the timeline going back to about 2pm BST today - wonder what happened to all the previous timeline activations?
Anyway, normal service restored to my IOS apps.
ultrajones

Post by ultrajones »

This outage really concerns me. Netatmo states the Welcome Cameras are used to "Prevent break-ins or damage on your property" yet all day today I had *no* protection whatsoever. I would like an explanation on what happened and what is being done to prevent a future occurrence. I would also like to know why I didn't receive any email indicating Netatmo was experiencing an outage.

I would also like Netatmo to allow local API access to the cameras and weather stations so our very expensive equipment can still operate when the cloud based service fails.

Regards,
Ultrajones
bryceb

Post by bryceb »

Firstly, Netatmo support has proven to be useless, time and time again. I have such little confidence in Netatmo based on the product failing often and the support being inadequate, which is the last thing you want in a security company.

Secondly, where is the email to all users stating the outage? Why do I have to login to a forum after pulling my hair out trying to figure out the latest software problem?

Finally, my log/ feed has not been updating all weekend, no notifications even though I know unknown faces have been in my house. I fully expect all Netatmo engineers to be on a beach. It is August, it is France. Therefore again, my security is exposed by a weak company.

If only this product worked or was made by high quality, responsive developers. Until then it is practically unusable... Please wake up Netatmo!
FilippoB

Post by FilippoB »

Mine it's still not working. My camera is disconnected, and when it's connected, it doesn't have real time notifications. Perfect timing for this type of bugs, when everybody in Europe is ready to go on holiday.
sastil

Post by sastil »

All ok for me from Italy. Thank you.
But is better one notification in app for interrupt service!!!
Home:
Weather Station (Version2 + Rain Gauge + Wind Gauge + 3 additional Indoor Modules)
Healthy Home Coach
Thermostat + Relais (1st Generation)
Welcome

Garage:
Presence

Return to “General questions”