ATT: netatmo data server down / not delivering data

Remarks, questions, tips and tricks regarding the Netatmo iPhone application.
skuske

ATT: netatmo data server down / not delivering data

Post by skuske »

Dear friends of netatmo,

as netatmo is dumb again (as most of the times), I thought that at least I should give all users of third party apps like myatmo a little information about what is going on at the moment. Although I cannot provide any internal information (as I do not have any), the regular user should be informred at least with the facts why all third party apps do not work at the moment.

The data server which delivers measurement data to third party apps is currently down or not delivering data. The problems started (as far as I noticed them the first time) on Sunday 06.08.2017 at 16.00 MEZ where the first users of myatmo contacted me as myatmo was unable to connect to the data server. The server came back a few hours later, but was extremely unreliable and went off again later. That continued the whole week, and now the server is completely off (or not delivering a single byte of data) since Thursday 10th of August 2017.

Netatmo does not communicate anything about this. They never informed us developers about the trouble and never provided any details. It is a shame that I have to say this, but unfortunately this is typically netatmo. Not a single word about anything. They just set up a simple "We'll be back soon..." message on the server - that's it (see attached screenshot) - https://api.netatmo.com

So, if you are a user of one of the great third party apps out there, which do actually provide a lot of value to your netatmo hardware: NO, it is not the app that does not work, it is the netatmo server that is down and not working. If you compare it with a car running out of gas: the car is your app, the gas is the data coming from the netatmo server. No server = no data = no working app.

All you we can do now is: wait for netatmo to get things sorted out. They seem to be pretty busy with that as they don't find just a minute to inform us users and developers here on the forum. What a shame!

Best wishes + keep your fingers crossed.

Stefan

P.S.: we have temporarily removed myatmo from the iTunes AppStore as it makes no sense to provide an app for a backend that is down or not working. Once netatmo fixed the data server problem, myatmo will be available again.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-11 um 08.35.44.png
Last edited by skuske on 11 Aug 2017, 08:47, edited 6 times in total.
Download myatmo from the iTunes AppStore at

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myatmo/ ... &ls=1&mt=8
Kitor

Re: ATT: netatmo data server down / not delivering data

Post by Kitor »

+ 1
gavinfabl

Post by gavinfabl »

I wondered what had happened and why your app was not in the AppStore.

Shame on Netatmo. Not enough people probably and or all on their summer holidays.

Your app is incredible so I hope this gets resolved soon.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi all,
Our servers are indeed currently facing some trouble.
We are focused on solving this issue as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and your understanding.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
martin T.

Post by martin T. »

+1 Thanks for the information and good luck with fixing the server soon.
A lot of services depend on netamo devices - have a look at wunderground.com/wundermap - this looks pretty vast without the many netatmo PWS online!
skuske

Post by skuske »

JFYI: the problem is currently back again and the netatmo data server, which delivers data to third party apps like myatmo, is down again, or working extremely unreliable.
Download myatmo from the iTunes AppStore at

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myatmo/ ... &ls=1&mt=8
gavinfabl

Post by gavinfabl »

skuske wrote:JFYI: the problem is currently back again and the netatmo data server, which delivers data to third party apps like myatmo, is down again, or working extremely unreliable.
Yeah I noticed this problem a couple of days ago. A big of a joke that Netatmo charges a lot for their equipment, actively encourages developers to create apps, and then ruins everything.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,
Please apologize for the inconvenience.
The servers indeed faced an issue last night, from 1:00am to 8:40am (Paris time), which caused this unavailability of the API.
Everything is now back to normal.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
hompe

Post by hompe »

The data server is down or not delivering data of my weather stations??? :twisted:
It has been down since yesterday.

Do You have any explanation
This is how it looks.
This is how it looks.
hompe

Post by hompe »

Now its Online again...... !!!

Return to “Weather Station iOS Application”