Defective Presence - detached glass cover of lens

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
jueti

Defective Presence - detached glass cover of lens

Post by jueti »

Hi,

another quality issue with Presence camera.

Wanted to install the unit today, unpacked it from the brown overpack and white carton box which look absolutely fine, no damages visible.
Opening the carton box and looking inside immediately the detached glass cover of the lens becomes visible at it sits angled in front of the cam, just hold by the styrofoam of the package. Took the cam out of the foam and see that the glass cover is completely detached, the 4 glue dots are dry and do not have any sticking capabilities.

Contacted Netatmo support through their website now and asked for exchange of unit - let's see how quick they react and what will be their response.

Second question to them of course if this defect has been reported already and if I have to expect it to happen any time later after years of use, considering the climate and temperature change over the seasons. This is an outdoor security cam, not cheap, and looking robust and reliable. Loosing the glass cover out of box doesn't comply with that ...

Did you folks had similar experiences ?
Attachments
IMG_0789.jpg
IMG_0788.jpg
jueti

Re: Defective Presence - detached glass cover of lens

Post by jueti »

I should add this is not my first unit of Presence - the other is working fine since last year, at least mechanically.

(let's get not confused by the various software issues everyone enjoys with the cam)
kiboost

Re: Defective Presence - detached glass cover of lens

Post by kiboost »

Never heard of this before.
php-simpleNetatmoAPI Simple to use php API based on official API.

Return to “General questions”