Bootgaz23

HomeKit for version 1

Post by Bootgaz23 »

Hi

Can we please get Apple HomeKit for version 1 thermostats ASAP
rnucci

Re: HomeKit for version 1

Post by rnucci »

that will never happen, the v1 relay lacks hardware components for HomeKit compatibility
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

indeed, but with iOS 11 Apple introduced a way to make hardware HomeKit compatible with just a firmware update.
So it would be possible now.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/8/15761 ... -wwdc-2017
Apple is also making one other big change to simplify development: it's no longer requiring that every HomeKit device contain a specific security chip. Instead, it'll allow companies to authenticate their devices entirely using software. Smart home devices out on that market that don’t already support HomeKit will even be able to use this method to add HomeKit support after iOS 11 launches this fall.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Bootgaz23

Post by Bootgaz23 »

Yes I thought now Apple have changed they way Home kit works that we would a software update to allow compatibility
aytek

Post by aytek »

Seems like they can't even properly handle Homekit with built in hardware, I wonder when they can manage to make it work with software only...

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8951

Soon I will give up from Netatmo and move to another new generation thermostat from another brand

Return to “General questions”