Communication Loss

alexph

Communication Loss

Post by alexph »

Hi I am testing the Netatmo system to see if it will work in my house which is a 4 bedroom bungalow of about 150 sq m. My garage, and thus my boiler is at one end of the property, and I have my relay currently plugged into a power socket in the garage.

I am moving the Thermostat around the property to the various points where I have radiators to see if the signal is maintained. At present I am losing the signal to about half the areas which is not good and seems strange. Is this a valid test.

I am intending to put radiator valves on all my 12 radiators - do these valves have to talk directly to the relay as in my case at least 6 won't.

Thanks for any help

Alex
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Communication Loss

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,
Yes, each Valve has to communicate with the Relay.
I guess that in your situation, the only solution would be to move the Relay. You can extend the cables of the boiler adaptor to do so.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
alexph

Post by alexph »

Hi thanks for your post.

Sorry, I may not be understanding properly. My understanding was that the relay and the valves connected to the home wifi, and that they talked to each other over that. So provided that you had a wifi signal near every radiator and the relay, then you would be OK.

However it seems that you are saying that the valves and relay talk directly to each other and those have to be in range of each other to work.

Can you confirm which is correct?

Thanks
A
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

I repeat: each Valve has to communicate with the Relay (on the 868MHz radio frequency). The Relay is the only module to be connected to your Wi-Fi network.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
alexph

Post by alexph »

Thank you for the clarification. Given that the range of the equipment is insufficient, I will return the equipment for refund. I hope that Netatmo may find a way to increase the range of their equipment of to provide some form of repeater to extend the signal

regards
A
Triumph114

Post by Triumph114 »

Is there any "easy" solution to test the signal strength in a specific room ?
-----------------
Thermostat : V71
Vannes : 3 - V73
Méteo : V132 - V44 - V44 -Pluvio V8
---
Normandie
risodv

Post by risodv »

Only way I know is signal strength indicator (0..4 bars) in application for each device (valves, thermostat,relay), but I dont know how often it is refreshed. :(

Return to “General questions”