Outside data lost when replacing outside sensor?

This forum provides technical help on how to run Netatmo Weather Stations to accurately gather data.
MarcV

Outside data lost when replacing outside sensor?

Post by MarcV »

My netatmo weather station has an outside sensor with abnormally high battery drain.
As it happens, I have a second netatmo weather station that won't be used for quite a while, with an outside sensor that doesn't have the battery drain problem. I decided to replace the bad outside sensor with the other one instead of having the bad one serviced. Replacement went fine, but it appears that all my outside measurements up to this moment are lost?? Would it be possible to fix this?
...but I might be wrong...
joseluis

Re: Outside data lost when replacing outside sensor?

Post by joseluis »

1 year later and no one responded to you... not even the Netatmo people that goes around this forum. They don't care about Weather Station users, that doesn't gives more money...
MarcV

Post by MarcV »

More like one week later! ;)
Oh and they have responded to the message I sent them via the help desk. I have all my measurements back! :)
Owenlars

Post by Owenlars »

Mark
I have just replaced my outdoor module which was draining batteries with a new sent free of charge by Netatmo. Replacement is fine, but, like you, all earlier data now missing. I have sent a message to support but it would be nice to know what they said and did for you when they restored your data. I presume it is stored by module MAC numbe4 and they have to do a bit of work to link the old data with a new MAC address.
Any insight from you gratefully received.
MarcV

Post by MarcV »

You just have to ask netatmo service to bring back the data from the old sensor. It may take a couple of days before it's done.

Return to “My Weather Station data”