information about valve/motor position, how much is opened

risodv

information about valve/motor position, how much is opened

Post by risodv »

Hi,
there is no information about valve/motor position, if it is opened or totally closed or somewhere in the middle.
Is it possible to show this value somewhere in your software ? ( maybe percentage form 0..100 in valve screen where is calibration located )
I would like to know what is going on because one of my radiators was heating even though temperature in room was reached. Boiler was on because another room with thermostat requested heating.

Thank You.
Attachments
IMG_B285925F9869-1.jpg
aimonx85

Re: information about valve/motor position, how much is open

Post by aimonx85 »

+1
This can be really helpful to understand how heat behave inside our houses, plus netatmo valves have still some problem about calibration so it can help to understand if a valve have to be recalibrated
2Qt2beStr8

Post by 2Qt2beStr8 »

+1
Relais: 70:ee:50:0e:97:fe
Weather Station Main Modul: 70:ee:50:6b:1d:9a
Ludger

Post by Ludger »

+1
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi all,
The app already reports the opening percentage of the Valves.
However, for the time being we display on the curves the state of the Valve as an instant report, each 10 minutes. That's why the Valve can be reported as closed on the curves even if it was opened during few minutes in between 2 measurements.
We're going to change this, to report an average percentage of opening during the past 10 minutes for each measurement, which should be much more relevant.
Thank you.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
risodv

Post by risodv »

Hi Brieuc,
thank you for your answer, but I can not find where is opening percentage of valve displayed in apps. I looked into iPhone app, iPad app, web pages too but I can not see it. I had to overlook it . Can you please give me a hint? Did you mean orange bar in graphs which displays percentage of power when boiler is on?
Thank you.
whnagel

Post by whnagel »

@risodv thermostat shows "Heizkessel ein Zeit"= boiler on-time and the valve shows "Heizleistung"= heating power (orange bar in graphs) you have to look at with a browser https://my.netatmo.com/app/energy
in iPhone energy app you see only the orange bar with 100% for the Valve when the valve is open, but the thermostat shows you in iPhone the boiler on-time but much less precisely than in my.netatmo
risodv

Post by risodv »

Thank you, now it is clear.
mdillmann

Post by mdillmann »

It would be great if the valve itself would get a mode where it displays (alternating with current temp) how open/closed it is currently (0-100 in percent).

This would greatly improve detecting wrongly mounted valves or defective ones, because e.g. if it says 100% open and radiator does not warm up fully (or vice versa) there is probably a mechanical failure somewhere (eg. valve-pin hanging inside the radiator-valve itself)

-Markus

Return to “General questions”