Auto Balance Feature

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
gaspergartner

Re: Auto Balance Feature

Post by gaspergartner »

I was just before purchase of the thermostat when I questioned the logic behind this, I sent a question to the support a week ago but haven't recived any answer. Now I found this topic on the Forum.

But now I came around a different idea. I found out that Valve starter pack also has Relay, so why not just use that instead of standalone Thermostat + Valves? I would think that if either of the Valves needs to be open, then Relay will be switched ON. If that is the case what is the point of having an additional Thermostat, Valves will operate the Relay, what is then the function of the Thermostat?

Edit: I was wrong word Relay may not really mean Rely in Netatmo world. Boiler control + radiator valves, the set up that was in houses for a couple of decades and Netatmo doesn't know how to control it? I can't believe it.
MarcV

Post by MarcV »

I could be wrong, but I believe the "relay" in the valve only system cannot be used as a relay as the valve only system is supposed to be used in a heating system where there is always hot water present. So the valves open and close as required without controlling the boiler. The relay only serves the purpose of the connection to the internet.

Your question does make sense though...
...but I might be wrong...
flight82

Post by flight82 »

Any news?
Somebody, especially from Netatmo company, has information about the roll-out of new firmware?
Thanks
marina61

Post by marina61 »

@Netatmo: please let us know when there will be the new firmware release.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

marina61 wrote:@Netatmo: please let us know when there will be the new firmware release.
Hi,
Be sure that you will be the first updated as soon as the new firmware is ready.
I will update the official changelog and post a message here.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
melomeloni

Post by melomeloni »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:
marina61 wrote:@Netatmo: please let us know when there will be the new firmware release.
Hi,Be sure that you will be the first updated as soon as the new firmware is ready.
I will update the official changelog and post a message here.

Sorry, stop to tell us that we have to wait.
Let me know, If I can’t have a beta firmware, i wanna give back 9 useless staff.
Honza475

Post by Honza475 »

Same problem here. Please hurry with firmware, winter is coming!
whnagel

Post by whnagel »

Netatmo why are you so quiet. What happens? How far is the update, we all are waiting for?
Thanks
Werner
mrroboto

Post by mrroboto »

This morning i had to remove the valve because when i wake up the room is too cold. It starts heating at 8am exactly when i wake up while the thermostat starts hours before and the rest of the house is perfect. Bad product.
flight82

Post by flight82 »

mrroboto wrote:This morning i had to remove the valve because when i wake up the room is too cold. It starts heating at 8am exactly when i wake up while the thermostat starts hours before and the rest of the house is perfect. Bad product.
Same problem! The last night -3°C outside and the temperature in one bedroom was lowest the target but the boiler didn't switch on because the thermostat had higher temperature!
A well known problem but...where is NETATMO? Where is the promised update?
I have spent 400 € for rubbish.

Return to “General questions”