New Comfort priority feature - boiler turning on too much

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
dozd

New Comfort priority feature - boiler turning on too much

Post by dozd »

So I've switched to new comfort priority feature that should keep all rooms in the temperature according schedule (with netatmo valves).

BUT: The behaviour is seems different when valve is turning boiler on according schedule to manual boost. And I think it's not good because the boiler is turned on / off too frequently.

There's image from manual boosted valve during night:

This is image with new feature that keep temperature acording schedule in the same room during same period (different day):

So - there is no boiler info. But it's in the living room (where thermostat is) you can see boiler info:

Why it's different to manual boosted valve? I think it's REALLY not good to turn on boiler so often to keep the temperature at exact one point. This is why you use hysteresis normally. Why not in this mode?
NeilF

Re: New Comfort priority feature - boiler turning on too muc

Post by NeilF »

But surely that last graph could imply something like a 5-10min boiler usage once per hour?

Obviously if its 5 lots of 2min boiler usage per hour that's bad... But if it's a single X minute burn per hour?
dozd

Post by dozd »

NeilF wrote:Obviously if its 5 lots of 2min boiler usage per hour that's bad... But if it's a single X minute burn per hour?
Yeah, I don't know it now. It's one day this feature is available. I just heard right before I went to bed that it turned boiler for like 30s, so it drag my attention and i didn't like it. I'll observe this more in the following days. But this is worst case scenario for me that this "smart things" will break up my boiler (as they don't like frequent switching of the state).

I would like to have more logs like events when my boiler is turning on / off etc. Don't you know if it's somehow accessible?
NeilF

Post by NeilF »

Oh, if you're hearing the boiler turn on for periods like tens of seconds, that surely has to be an issue? ie: Some formula for this new mode is giving out poor results.

And yes, being able to turn on "Logging" with more verbose/precise information would seem a good thing. If only as something to then give to Netatmo for questionable events.

I still don't understand that if your Valves are now being taken into consideration then surely instead of the thermostat's temperature being fed into a formula to dictate if/when the goal temperature is reached by turning the boiler on/off, why the device (thermostat and all valves) with the greatest disparity between current temp and goal temp isn't used instead?

eg: If the thermostat is measuring 20 and its goal is 20, but a valve if measing 20 and its goal is 22, then the software should work identically to as if the thermostat was measuring 20 and its goal was 22?
NeilF

Post by NeilF »

Any more news on this? Is the boiler turning on/off too frequently?
dozd

Post by dozd »

I think it's OK. I saw very short periods but not too frequently.
dozd

Post by dozd »

And the graph looks different each day so it's hard to tell :).
whnagel

Post by whnagel »

in my thermostat settings i set "minimale Heizzeit" (english: minimum boiler on time) from 2 to 5 minutes.
Schatzi

Post by Schatzi »

Hello! Any news about this issue?
vojta66

Post by vojta66 »

I found out exactly the same "problem" as dozd is writing about......maybe the solution is to extend minimum boiler on tim as whangel is mentioning from 2 to 5(more) minutes....
1Welcome(512), 9 tags (v58), 1Smart Smoke (v108),1Smart Siren (v209)
1 Weather Station(v181), Outdoor module (50),Rain Gauge(v12),Wind Gauge(v25),3 Indoor Modules (v51)
1Thermostat(v75+relay 2nd generation v222 + 5Valves (v85)
2Presence cameras(320)

Return to “General questions”