Measured temp wrong in manual boost / external heating ?

mdillmann

Measured temp wrong in manual boost / external heating ?

Post by mdillmann »

Hi,
a new problem surfaced today with my valves. I have a home-office today so I decided to heat using our wood-oven beginning around 8.30.
I did not want the room to overheat so I did a "manual boost" to lower the temp to 19 degrees. The valve seems to "lock" the measured temp in this case at the temp when boost started.
Screenshot-2017-11-17 Netatmo(1).png
The real temp as measured by Netatmo Weather in the very same room:
Screenshot-2017-11-17 quellenweg.png
I have a temp-offset of -0.5, so the Netatmo Energie should measure about 23 degrees, but it is way off measuring 20.4 degrees currently. This is useless.
Not sure if caused by "manual boost" or if the valve has difficulties if heat gets added by other sources than the radiator itself.

Nevertheless IMHO measuring the correct(!) temperature is essential for a valve in general (not Netatmo specific) to work and control temperature as expected.

Does anybody else also experience this behavior ? Valve FW is 41.

TIA,
-Markus
mdillmann

Re: Measured temp wrong in manual boost / external heating ?

Post by mdillmann »

Hi,
it is also very slow to measure temperature change. This morning, without external heating just radiators:
Screenshot-2017-11-20 Netatmo.png
It starts at 19 degrees, and slowly rises to currently 20.8. The valve at the raditor is mounted at 75cm above ground.

In contrast Netatmo Energy shows:
Screenshot-2017-11-20 quellenweg.png
Screenshot-2017-11-20 quellenweg.png (11.57 KiB) Viewed 2143 times
The station is located opposite at a height of 150cm on a highboard.

One can see that Energy sees a faster increase as well as much higher temp. Initially both start at about 19 degrees in the morning. Energy currently measures 23,1 degrees, Valve measures 21

-Markus
graemesmith1960

Post by graemesmith1960 »

I also seem to be getting similar behaviour. If I do a manual boost at some time and then cancel it and go back onto the heating schedule the reported temperature seems to lag behind by about 3 to 4 degrees. It didn't happen every day but reading your post made me suspicious and I think the manual boost is the culprit. At the moment the whole house is around 21 degrees (I have a portable calibrated Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter) and the valves are all reporting somewhere between 15 and 17 degrees. I have measured the temperature in the middle of the room and at the valves themselves. The valves are at firmware 43.
mdillmann

Post by mdillmann »

This is really annoying. This morning I broke out in sweat again because the valves heated the room up over 2 degrees than the set temperature. No external heating involved. They seem to lag behind several hours in their measurement (compared to Netatmo station and a traditional thermometer)
Screenshot-2017-11-27 quellenweg.png
Screenshot-2017-11-27 quellenweg.png (11.41 KiB) Viewed 2060 times
Temperature went up to 23.3 degrees where it should have 21 max.
Screenshot-2017-11-27 Netatmo.png
Again one can see that both start at similar temp in the morning (Station 19.7 and Valve 20.1) but the valves lag behind and also are off 2 degrees (23.3 Station and Valve max 21). I needed to switch to Away-Mode and open windows and doors to get the room back to a normal temperature.

I don't understand that measuring a simple temperature and then regulating can be so difficult. :cry: I need a new Firmware NOW :evil: because I am losing patience with this not working cr*p.

-Markus
risodv

Post by risodv »

I can confirm this issue on my valve too. Today at 20:00 noticed that my radiator in bedroom (single valve, room without thermostat) is still heating like devil and temperature on my valve display was 17.5 degrees of Celsius. I put indoor module next to my valve (5cm distance) and I checked temperature after 28min at 20:28. Temperature on valve was unchanged 17.5 and indoor module shows 19.8 degrees of Celsius. That is significant difference 2.3 . At 20:40 I removed batteries and my valve has been out of range for 20min. At 21:00 I removed batteries again and now it shows temperature 21.5 degrees of Celsius.
Funny.
Attachments
valveTemp.png
risodv

Post by risodv »

today same situation. My bedroom was overheated, valve shows 18.5 and indoor module 20.9. ( I had joined them and measured after hour left to settle down temperatures in each device ). After this issue I switched back to ECO mode and turned on predicted heating, because I dont want to waste gas. My boiler was on half a day because of this valve requested heating to 19 degrees.
I will keep booth devices joined for whole next day and I will see on graph whats going on.
Good measuring of temperature is a must for heating regulation, isnt it?
Tomorrow I will show how graphs correlate to each other.
Attachments
vi.jpg
vi.jpg (21.31 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
mdillmann

Post by mdillmann »

Hi,
I un- and replugged my relay and FW got upgraded to 160 and 49 (valves) on Tuesday . Still the same behavior yesterday.

Also I saw in the french forum that other users experience the same difference/lag in measuring temp. So we are not alone :roll:

-Markus
risodv

Post by risodv »

Valve temperature is stucked between 16 to 16.5 degrees. Real indoor temperature raises to 20 degrees. I think my valve is broken.
Attachments
IndoorModuleTemp.png
stuckedTemp.png
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

I have exactly the same behavior on all my 6 (!) valves.

When heating starts the temperature in the rooms rises and ist shown on all other thermometers like Netatmo weather station. But the thermometer inside the valve is stuck or rises extremely slowly so the room becomes way overheated.

When batteries are taken out for a short time temperature seems to recalibrate and shows the a temperature that matches the other thermometers.

This issue is described in many other threats so I think it is a general problem that hopefully can be fixed by Netatmo via an update.

NETATMO, please respond to this issue!
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi all,
This issue is currently being corrected.
You should note a much better behaviour next week.
Thank you for your patience.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

Return to “General questions”