Increased incidents of failed face recognition

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Grynneman

Increased incidents of failed face recognition

Post by Grynneman »

Hi,

has anybody else had an increase in failure to recognise faces? Due to my settings (notifications when everyone is away), I've been getting quite a large amount of notifications of "movement detected", to the point that I have to manually set whoever is at home to 'Is Home' just to stop the volume of notifications.

Firmware is currently v180.
lcristopt

Re: Increased incidents of failed face recognition

Post by lcristopt »

I have!!!
ubik

Post by ubik »

me too
jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hello,
I'm sorry to read your Welcome cameras are sending some false notifications.
For your information, our development teams keep working on improving the algorithms.
I encourage you to report all these false detections through the app so the next update fixes the issue.
Thanks for your feedback,
Jofre - Netatmo Team
ubik

Post by ubik »

The problem is not about false notification, that is a consequence of failure in faces recognition in the last upates pushed by Netatmo. We ARE reporting the problem here, so Netatmo please fix it
heimchen

Post by heimchen »

jofre wrote:Hello,
For your information, our development teams keep working on improving the algorithms.
I encourage you to report all these false detections through the app so the next update fixes the issue.
How can I report all these false detections through the app? There isn't even a possibility to report anything, not even at the web page of netatmo.
Grynneman

Post by Grynneman »

jofre wrote:Hello,
Hi Jofre,

I can't seem to find a way within the app to report that.

For a 'Motion Detected' notification, the only 2 options are to either 'Delete Event' or 'Improve Detection' .

For 'Improve Detection' there are only 3 options, 'This is a person', 'This is an animal' or 'None of them'. There doesn't seem to be a fourth option of reporting an error in face detection.

To reiterate the issue, Facial detection is failing, it is not an issue of failing to recognise a known faces
simonjedrake

Post by simonjedrake »

Another user with the same problem in that recently I have had zero recognitions of faces, I keep on waiting for the fix but time is rapidly running out.
Astur

Post by Astur »

I have the same problem since the last update to v180: When I enter into the room the camera sees my face perfectly well since it is in front of me, but its response is slower than before and then when I am not in its fiel of view the camera says that it has detected a movement and shows a picture where I can see the door (through which I have entered) and two pictures hanging in a lateral wall... but not me!
jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hello,
Please, report these events from the app with a long tap on the event -> 'Wrong person?'/'Improve detection'
Our teams keep working on improving the algorithms.
Thanks,
Jofre - Netatmo Team

Return to “General questions”