FEATURE REQUEST - Network Settings Options

Suggestions, features and new ideas
Trevor

FEATURE REQUEST - Network Settings Options

Post by Trevor »

I am requesting that netatmo offers a network settings page for setup so we can choose dynamic or static ip address settings. From their tech support and online forums here they obviously have an issue with the weather station dropping its ip address.

My router/firewall does not offer for me to assign a static ip based upon MAC address. Just to get the netatmo unit working I have to setup a separate DHCP Server just to do this; i shouldnt have to do this..... This should be a product that does not fall off the network when its 20 feet from my wireless access point. We pay good money for your product; now it's time for you to improve your firmware. :evil:
alexc

Re: FEATURE REQUEST - Network Settings Options

Post by alexc »

I believe i am having the same problem as i loose connection after a few hours of setting evrything up.
I am very dissapointed after having spent a lot of money.

if this feature will fix it, great. I therfore very much support this feature request.

Question : i have evrything very close to wifi router, what else can i try? how can i manually change dhcp adresss of my netatmo?

thank you

Alex.
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

alexc wrote:I believe i am having the same problem as i loose connection after a few hours of setting evrything up.
I am very dissapointed after having spent a lot of money.

if this feature will fix it, great. I therfore very much support this feature request.

Question : i have evrything very close to wifi router, what else can i try? how can i manually change dhcp adresss of my netatmo?

thank you

Alex.
Alex - I had to setup a reservation on my dhcp server to statically assign an ip to the netatmo. I agree that we all pay a bunch of money and the only solution is for us is to do that. There should be an option to set ip information from the app and not require us to setup reservations, since not everyone can do it.

This is what I got from Netatmo support:
Indeed this is not normal; the problem often comes from your router. So First let’s do a complete check up on your router:

- Please restart your router

- Please check the distance between the router and the base station. ( more it’s close better the connection would be).

- Please check if your router has a sleep function ( if yes deactivate that function)

- Please check if your router has a parental control function.

- Please check if your router has any firewall / or port filter :

§ Open the port :25050 TCP

§ Give your station an IP Fix with the stations mac address.

If you check all these points, your problem should be solved

Most Sincerely,

THIAGA
Technical Support Technician
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I cant believe Netatmo's support is so unhelpful. I just found this in the other forums on how to setup a static ip on your device... Why couldn't support tell me this instead of telling me to setup a reservation server.

[SOLVED] Station is not updating data to server

Postby sonneneckchen » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:50 pm
My netatmo station did't update to the server for hours and only after i connected it directly to my notebook.
I changed same parameters and now it is working very fine (updates every 10-15 min.)

1. I set the router to "always online"

2. I set a fixed IP to the netatmo station.
To do this after you already established a DHCP setup you have to do it like this:
- Check which IP adresses in your router are free for fixed IPs (in my case it was 192.168.2.3 - 192.168.2.99)
- deactivate DHCP in the router
- start the setup of the netatmo-station again
- after you choose the WLAN and entered the WLAN password no DHCP Server is found by the setup-software and you can enter a IP adress for the netatmo station (choose the other settings like subnet etc. within the routers standard)
- close the setup process
- activate DHCP again (!)

For me this worked out perfectly. Now i am very happy with my new toy :D
levla

Post by levla »

Bonjour,

Impossible d'avoir une réponse du SAV... j’essaye donc de me débrouiller tout seul :
-Ouverture du port 25050
- désactivation DHCP pour forcer le logiciel (c'est mal fait cela devrait être proposé d'office...) à afficher la page pour entrer une IP fixe.
- adresse MAC fixée dans la box également

Cela fonctionne en gros 24h puis les soucis apparaissent, encore 1h30 sans mesures.... J'attends donc toujours une réponse du SAV !

NB :
Quel est donc le fonctionnement de la station, elle se déconnecte systématiquement et essaye de se reconnecter à chaque nouvelle mesure ????
La station ne répondant pas aux ping, facile dans ces conditions de savoir où se situe le problème.....

Vu que le SAV semble être aux abonnés absents, quelqu'un a t-il une idée ?

Merci :)
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello,
From now on, we would like to keep the forum for Weather Station in English.
If you want, you can write your post in your native language and then use "Google translate" to add the English translation (https://translate.google.com/).
Thank you very much!

Bonjour,
A partir de maintenant, nous souhaitons garder le forum pour la Station Météo en anglais.
Si vous voulez, vous pouvez écrire votre message dans votre langue maternelle et ensuite utiliser "Google translate" pour ajouter la traduction anglaise (https://translate.google.com/).
Merci beaucoup !

---
Concerning your request to our support, we just have answered it.
Thank you for your patience.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
Tho-Radia

Post by Tho-Radia »

Souhaitez-vous aussi avoir encore des acheteurs français ou bien doivent-ils aller voir vers d'autres marques ?
Nath_Netatmo

Post by Nath_Netatmo »

Tho-Radia wrote:Souhaitez-vous aussi avoir encore des acheteurs français ou bien doivent-ils aller voir vers d'autres marques ?
(En anglais puis en français)

Hi,

Netatmo is a French company and we have weather station customers all around the world. It therefore seems to us important and interesting that the forum is understood by most customers, that's why we encourage users to write in English.
However, to reflect our specifity as a French company, we have added a new forum "Station Météo Forums (français)"/"Questions fréquentes".

I hope that this new organization will suit everyone.

Best regards,
Netatmo team

=============================================
Bonjour,

Netatmo est une entreprise française et nos clients de la station météo sont dans le monde entier. Aussi nous semble-t-il important et intéressant que le forum soit compris par le plus de clients possibles, raison pour laquelle nous incitons les utilisateurs à s'exprimer en anglais.
Néanmoins, pour tenir compte de notre spécificité d'entreprise française, nous avons ajouté un nouveau forum "Station Météo Forums (français)"/"Questions fréquentes".

J'espère que cette nouvelle organisation conviendra à chacun.

Bien à vous,
L'équipe Netatmo
Tho-Radia

Post by Tho-Radia »

Merci pour ce nouveau forum en français.
PacNetatmo

Post by PacNetatmo »

C'est bien de faire un forum français, mais il serait bien de déplacer les posts français dans ce sous forum...

Return to “Feature requests”