Valve temperature stuck

tdx79

Re: Valve temperature stuck

Post by tdx79 »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:
tdx79 wrote:Good morning , i'm having same issue on valves with s/n 09:00:00:00:61:91 and 09:00:00:00:69:bb, plus wrong temp displaying on other valve with s/n 09:00:00:00:60:ef (probably showing fahrenheit instead of celsius degrees).
All happened after last fw update received (fw 49 on valves).
Fabio
Hi,
Please open a ticket at our Support (https://www.netatmo.com/helpcenter/) and send me a private message with its reference, we're going to look into it.

Hi. Since last fw update both issues seem to be finally fixed. I'll keep you updated. Thank you very much, Brieuc
NeilF

Post by NeilF »

tdx79 wrote:
Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:
tdx79 wrote:Good morning , i'm having same issue on valves with s/n 09:00:00:00:61:91 and 09:00:00:00:69:bb, plus wrong temp displaying on other valve with s/n 09:00:00:00:60:ef (probably showing fahrenheit instead of celsius degrees).
All happened after last fw update received (fw 49 on valves).
Fabio
Hi,
Please open a ticket at our Support (https://www.netatmo.com/helpcenter/) and send me a private message with its reference, we're going to look into it.

Hi. Since last fw update both issues seem to be finally fixed. I'll keep you updated. Thank you very much, Brieuc
So the valve is closing/opening as expected and controlling the boiler in association with the Thermostat all as expected?

QUESTION: When is this firmware being generally rolled out then?
jurajpavol

Post by jurajpavol »

Hi i have same issue, trouble ticket created, can you apply new firmware to my valves too?
tdx79

Post by tdx79 »

NeilF wrote:So the valve is closing/opening as expected and controlling the boiler in association with the Thermostat all as expected?

Exactly, with last fw valves are closing/opening as expected etc...no more issues. The only feature which I doubt about: when I open a window, valve is supposed to close itself, which was actually not happening on last fw version. I will double check later.
jurajpavol

Post by jurajpavol »

tdx79 wrote:
NeilF wrote:So the valve is closing/opening as expected and controlling the boiler in association with the Thermostat all as expected?

Exactly, with last fw valves are closing/opening as expected etc...no more issues. The only feature which I doubt about: when I open a window, valve is supposed to close itself, which was actually not happening on last fw version. I will double check later.

Hi can you let me know, how did you manage to get new fw? I have issue that temperature is stuck on one value...i have 2 radiator valves both behaving same...
tdx79

Post by tdx79 »

jurajpavol wrote:
tdx79 wrote:

Hi can you let me know, how did you manage to get new fw? I have issue that temperature is stuck on one value...i have 2 radiator valves both behaving same...
Hi,
Just open a ticket providing s/n of valves, this is the way I managed to solve this issue. After few days of remote monitoring, they provided new firmware and problem was solved.
jurajpavol

Post by jurajpavol »

Brieuc , can you please help me , my ticket number is XZC-CYLDD-197... I am really frustrated, My boiler keeps shutting off, valves temperature stuck very often... Thank you in advance.
cgarde

Post by cgarde »

Hi,

I've been using the Netatmo thermostat to control my electric boiler for the last 1,5 years. Very happy with the design and funcionality.

A week ago I installed 5 radiator valves to better be able to control the temperature in each room of the house. It worked fine for the first day but then I noticed that I have the same problem as many have described in this thread: i.e. the temperatures on the valves get stuck while the real room temperature according to the weather station probes are constantly falling.

For example yesterday the basement valve still said 19 C while the real temperature (according to weather station) had actually dropped to 16,9. After pulling the battery of all valves they started to report good temperatures again for a while. Today valve temperatures have been constant while weather station temps are falling again...

The only room of the house where everything seems to be working is the living room (where thermostat is located). I guess this is due to the thermostat controlling the temperature.

So - does anyone have any advice about what to do?

Btw - valves are fw 49.

Thanks!
svobluk

Post by svobluk »

This is not definitely solved and most probably will not be for a long time! This product is unstable and unreliable since I bought this toy last fall. Nothing has changed. At the begining valves were not closing, now the temerature is getting stuck every day or every second day. It is just piece of plastic toy which needs to be managed every day. Definitely not saving money! :oops:

one example:
temperature sets on 23celsius, valve shows 22.5celsius and heating (valve is opened 100%). The meteo in the same room far away from the radiator shows already more then 23.5 celsius. After the valve reset and calibrating valve immediately shows 24celsius and finally stopped heating! This repeats every second day or so. Very annoing.
crap_valve.jpg
What's more, case opened several days ago with no response. :idea:

relay FW: 167
valves FW: 51
NeilF

Post by NeilF »

Having watched this thread for a good while now, I wonder if Netatmo are facing a hardware issue rather than a software one...

Return to “General questions”