Homekit movement sensor

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
pvog

Re: Homekit movement sensor

Post by pvog »

Patrick S wrote:Wait a second....it is NOT possible to activate and deactivate the netatmo via geofencing when i am entering or leaving my home?? That must be a joke, right?
You cloud try ifttt for geofencing with the https://github.com/KiboOst/php-simpleNetatmoAPI api to turn on/off the lights.
Patrick S

Post by Patrick S »

Does that just turn on off the lights or the whole cam?
pvog

Post by pvog »

Patrick S wrote:Does that just turn on off the lights or the whole cam?
You can do both, see the readme on github. I use it to turn on off notifications when at home or away from home.
CharlieBrown

Post by CharlieBrown »

Cyv wrote:This is really important. I tought that this function will be the homekit-update!
Thats the Key-Feature of your product! Whats the point for having a camera which can detect human, animals and cars, when the Homekitfunction is „movement detected“??

So, I installed several additional lights which I made homekit-compatible. It was planned to let them switch on over presence cameras, when a person is detected. But no, they get switched on with every movement, which is useless. Without the detection of humans/animals/cars the Presence camera is only a motion sensor to homekit... which makes the „homekit function“ absolute useless... Sorry to say that.

I already expected that option, to be honest. Now I have 3 useless lights at my house, which should be controlled by homekit...

So please let us choose what triggers the sensor! Let us use the keyfeature of the presence. Without this option the homekit-integration is not necessary at all!
Hi

I think I can help with your issue as I have just set up a very similar arrangement.

I have my presence camera set to only turn the light on for people (ignoring cars and animals) and I want my other outside lights to come on as well.

When you setup the automation in homekit ignore the when "a sensor detects something" option. Instead use when "An accesory is controlled". Then choose the light in the netatmo camera.

The camera will trigger the internal light when it sees a person and homekit will trigger the other lights from the internal one.

Hope this make sense
Patrick S

Post by Patrick S »

pvog wrote:
You can do both, see the readme on github. I use it to turn on off notifications when at home or away from home.
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate that link and info but i never did anything with ifttt. Where do i actually put the read me file data into? :) And what device is taking over the geofencing part?
Cyv

Post by Cyv »

CharlieBrown wrote: Hi

I think I can help with your issue as I have just set up a very similar arrangement.

I have my presence camera set to only turn the light on for people (ignoring cars and animals) and I want my other outside lights to come on as well.

When you setup the automation in homekit ignore the when "a sensor detects something" option. Instead use when "An accesory is controlled". Then choose the light in the netatmo camera.

The camera will trigger the internal light when it sees a person and homekit will trigger the other lights from the internal one.

Hope this make sense
You, fine Sir, gave me the answer I would expect from the support. Yes, this works absolutely fine and is exakt what I wanted! Thank you very much!!
Now my setup works as supposed to. Now I only need to get the presence‘ detection working reliable. Often my cats are detected as person. This happens 5-10 times a day and makes the notification a bit obsolet, because you disable it after a time.
pvog

Post by pvog »

Patrick S wrote:
pvog wrote:
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate that link and info but i never did anything with ifttt. Where do i actually put the read me file data into? :) And what device is taking over the geofencing part?
The Ifttt app does the geofencing and runs scripts for entering or leaving the geofence zone.

I am afraid it’s a bit more difficult then that. You have to run the php script on a server and call it from Ifttt. There are examples how to do that in the documentation.

For example to turn on the lights. I call the lighton.php in Ifttt with:
Http://mysite.com/lighton.php

It then runs this script named lighton.php

Code: Select all

<?php

require($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/NetatmoCameraAPI.php");
$_NAcams = new NetatmoCameraAPI("my@email.com",”password”);

if (isset($_NAcams->error)) die($_NAcams->error);

$_NAcams->setLightMode("Tuin", "on");

?>
In my case I added stuff to use an encrypted password. But this should work for this call and all the other calls the api supports.
Patrick S

Post by Patrick S »

Ok thanks. But i dont think that i can do that on my own

I mean i understand that i need a server, ok. But how do i create the, for example, light.phb. I saw the read me files and the coding but how do i create the final .phb or api out of the coding lines? I just would need the notification on/off feauture. And i see the coding lines for that.
I also got an account for netatmo connect and created an app. But than i am strugling what to do with the codelines. Where do i enter/create the script?
pvog

Post by pvog »

Patrick S wrote:Ok thanks. But i dont think that i can do that on my own

I mean i understand that i need a server, ok. But how do i create the, for example, light.phb. I saw the read me files and the coding but how do i create the final .phb or api out of the coding lines? I just would need the notification on/off feauture. And i see the coding lines for that.
I also got an account for netatmo connect and created an app. But than i am strugling what to do with the codelines. Where do i enter/create the script?
Do you have access to a server that supports PHP to put these files on?
If not I could add a monitoring on off script on mine that you could call from ifttt.
Patrick S

Post by Patrick S »

Hi. So far i have to access to such a server. So it would ve great if you can help me out with such a script.
Thanks a lot. :)

Return to “General questions”