Valves not closing after a few days

NeilF

Re: Valves not closing after a few days

Post by NeilF »

Thanks for all this updated feedback folks! For me at the least it means I can hold off buying until I know you folks have your units working etc.
mhaga

Post by mhaga »

mdillmann wrote:Hi,
send Brieuc a private message and/or open a ticket. If they need more testers, you will probably get the beta-FW. On the other hand: if the FW runs well, I think Netatmo will release it soon to everybody.

-Markus
Markus,
Can't see any update on this matter from Netatmo. Can you give us an update on how the new firmware are working out for you? (v161/50) Still OK?
My valves are operating inconsistently and some of them still needs calibration quite often. (160/49)
I´m suspecting my valve bodys to be damaged or worn, so I'm considering having some of them replaced, but if the new firmware is better, I will wait for it to be released.

Thank you.

BR
/mhaga
mdillmann

Post by mdillmann »

Hi,
the release 161/50 works really well. No side effects and my problematic valve (bathroom) closes. During the past almost 3 weeks I had only one hick-up, where it did not close. I reported that to Netatmo.

So if you have problems with your valves, try to get upgraded to 161/50.

Thanks,
-Markus
NeilF

Post by NeilF »

mdillmann wrote:Hi,
the release 161/50 works really well. No side effects and my problematic valve (bathroom) closes. During the past almost 3 weeks I had only one hick-up, where it did not close. I reported that to Netatmo.

So if you have problems with your valves, try to get upgraded to 161/50.
And the nature of that hiccup?
mhaga

Post by mhaga »

Thank you for the update, Markus.

When I came home from work last night, I discovered that my firmware was updated already.
Nice.

All the radiators was cold and correct temperature inside.This is a good sign.
My problem was not that the valves was left completely open, but some of them tend to not close entirely and the radiators had some degree of heat all the time.
The result of this was that my temperature did not go down during daytime and night. This happened over time. They got cold when i re-calibrated but went back to the described behaviour after 1-3 days.

I will have the new firmware running now. Hopefully it is better.
Thanks for the feedback.

BR
/mhaga
mdillmann

Post by mdillmann »

Not 100% sure.
I opened the bathroom window fully, to get rid of humidity. It was only 3 degrees outside that day. I kind of forgot to close it and it was open for about 15-20 Minutes. The valve sits on the bottom of the radiator, ca 20-35cm above the floor.

So the room and valve got really cold. Not sure if the - not fully implemented - open window detection or just that it kind of "froze" lead to the hickup. After window was closed it just kept heating even if the temperature was reached.
I removed batteries and re-inserted and after that the valve worked flawlessly since 2 weeks now.

Traditional thermostatic valves have a "ice" protection that kicks in about 3 degrees and opens the valve. Not sure though what the valve did during that freezing time.
I reported that to Netatmo in the hope that they can analyse that behavior.

-Markus
lucadiielsi

Post by lucadiielsi »

Hi everybody!

I registered in this forum because I'm facing the same problem you write about here, too. As you can se in the snapshots attached below, it seems like the valvle doesn't understand when it's open: the actual temperature is rising far above the setpoint, the radiator is hot, and still NO ORANGE RECTANGLE indicating 0 heating power as if it was alredy closed. In the past days, I contacted Netatmo support: they update the firmware remotely (167/51) and they are trying to understand this misbehavior, still without great results.

Any of you have some updates?

Luca
Attachments
Cattura2.png
Cattura1.PNG
Last edited by lucadiielsi on 24 Jan 2018, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
NeilF

Post by NeilF »

As I've said before! Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread, and as such making sure I haven't bought these valves yet :)
mdillmann

Post by mdillmann »

Luca,
what FW are your valves and relay on ? AFAIK the working versions are not publicly released yet.

-Markus
lucadiielsi

Post by lucadiielsi »

mdillmann wrote:what FW are your valves and relay on ? AFAIK the working versions are not publicly released yet.
Firmware versions are 167 on the relay and 51 on the valvles. Netatmo support said they pushed the upgrade of their new firmware on my valves in the last days (5 january)... yesterday I tried swapping a couple of valvles (kitchen - the problematic one! - and living room), if the problem still desn't fixes in the next days I'll give back everything and I'll buy Tado!

Luca

Return to “General questions”